Chapter 25

The mall was giant. Shops everywhere, and all for the kids at the school.

 Shops everywhere, and all for the kids at the school

We got coffee right away while we waited for Nyx and his friends

I got a mocha.

Seth had not been happy when he learned he had to go shopping. "It was too easy of a target" he'd say.

It took a few minutes to get him to agree.

It was about 11 am when Renee said that Nyx arrived.

What I didn't expect was for Jacob, Bonnie, and Ryan to walk up with him.

"Hey"Nyx says approaching us. "Ready?"

We nod and start to talk about dinfrent shops to look at.

Claire had come with Sahila and Evie, which I later learn is because Evie is her roommate.

Claire was her usual quiet, her blond hair lying flat and slightly wavy. A cardigan and brown and white skirt for her outfit. She seemed distressed, out of place. But I don't think it was us she was worried about...

—————

"I'm starving, let's get food"Nick says after we walk out of a shop.

"What are you all hungry for"Zola asks.

"McDonalds"Nick smiles. I can see Lily smile and roll her eyes.

We all agreed and went to eat.

"Doing fine Lauren?" Ryan asks me.

I nod.

"So... I hear you're the heiress for Jameson enterprises." He says, as if trying to start a conversation l. Up ahead I see his sister Bonnie holding hands with Jacob.

"Yup."

"What's it like?"

"What's what like? Inheriting it?"

"Having the responsibility all to your self"

No one had asked me that. Ever. Of course aunt Rebecca had been asking me about how I was doing but never asked me that.

To say the truth... I wasn't doing as fine as I'd like. The classes that Mr. Robinson signed me up for weren't much of a hassle, I'd always had good grades... but the tossing and turning every night not getting much sleep due to that longing feeling... that hurt.

"It's... overwhelming a bit... but I'm fine" I say.

He changes the subject, "so your siblings with Vivi and Aren. How that going for you?"

He wasn't the first to ask. "Different, I've always been an only child. Not that we hang out much..."

"I've always had Bonnie, and Jacob's kinda like a brother to me... our parents were good friends and business partners." He explains.

—————

After we finished shopping that day we rode the bus back to the dorms. Since I was the only girl in the Ivy dorm I walked by myself to the lonesome building at the edge of miniature dorm building town.

The only reason I was alone was because when Seth said he'd walk with me Nick we t on and on about, "Lauren and Seth sitting in a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G!!!" Seth got another and declined it saying he'd let me go alone.

The air was chilly and I regretted not bringing a jacket, I shivered at the breeze.

Then I heard a snap.

I turned around to see no one.

Then someone jumps out of the bushes. Weapon raised.

I scream jumping back, the weapon missing. They lunge again, it nicks my arm. But deep enough to hurt. A lot.

My scream increases and I run, it seemed like an eternity when I look back and the hooded figure wasn't there.

I hit something solid and look up to see Ryan, he looks at me. "I heard a scream."

My voice was shaking, "they jumped from the bushes... knife..." I looked at my hand. Red.

"We need to get you to the infirmary , stat" he says.

How was this for a change? More action!

Who do you think the hooded figure was???? Comment below!!!!!!! And remember to vote!!!!!!