Chapter 22

(This chapter is for APPLSAUSE82)

I continued to scream as I scrambled backwards, Luke catches me and places his hand over my mouth to muffle the screams.

"Quiet!"he hisses, "the killer could be near!"

After a few seconds I stop struggling and screaming. He then lets me go, and I turn away from the body.

Looking to his face I see a look of concern as he looks from the body, then back to me. He opens his mouth to say something but is cut off my voices.

"Hello!?!?? Who screamed?!?!!?" A ranger runs through the brush, looking from us to the body.

—————

- the next day -

The camping trip had been cut short, everyone was sent back to school.

I never thought I'd say I was glad to be happy to be back in class.

English was the usual long speech going on and on, everyone hiding behind their books to sleep.

We were in the library when Lily looks over my shoulder, "notes much?"

"It's a habit" I say. Organization has always been my thing.

"You guys won't believe the juice I just got" Amoy sits with us. Her being the head editor of the school newspaper means gossip galore. "Ryan Knights just broke up!"

"Ryan Knights?" I ask. There were way too many kids in this school to keep track.

"Our resident bad boy, besides Luke." Lily says.

Seth rolls his eyes.

"And why is this interesting?" I ask.

"He dumped Armeline, the 'teen-model'. She's super famous in this school." Amoy says.

"I thought they were totally in love!" Lily gasps.

I can practically sense Seth's eye rolls.

"Guess not, apparently it was right before lunch. She missed lunch and afternoon sessions." Amoy says.

"Wonder who's next" Nick says.

Amoy shrugs, "just hope it's not me."

Sorry for the short chapter, I just felt the next part needed to have its own chapter....

Please remember to vote!!!!

Thank you to all who have voted and added my story!!!!!!! Please feel free to ask questions, make comments, and say your opinions and ideas!!!!!!

Here is Seth in this chapter ⬇️