Burnt Cookies (Zane X Reader)

You looked down to the floor, then back up to him. Down to the floor, and then back up again. You kept trying to convince yourself otherwise - but it was official - you were totally crushing on a Nindroid. You currently here sitting on a stool next to the kitchen counter - watching intently as Zane baked some delicious goodies - sugar cookies! As you waited - you allowed your mind to other thoughts. You reminisce on how Zane is always constantly asking your questions to the obvious things in life. Zane was really oblivious - always taking things a but too literal - which would explain his lack of humor. Eventually, you allowed your mind to wander to a certain subject Zane had been asking you about lately - dating. With that in mind - your face instantly flushed up to a bright red.

"Are you alright, Y/N?" Zane asked, his voice filled with concern.

You snapped out of your thoughts and averted your attention to the white ninja.

"I-I'm fine," you managed to stutter out.

Zane furrowed his brow. His look of doubt and confusion - for some reason it always made your heart flutter.

"Are you lying?" He asked.

You felt your heart rate pick up a bit. you bit your bottom lip.

"N-No," you lied.

Zane placed down the bowl he was holding, and carefully took off the pink apron he was wearing. He placed both these items on the counter, and walked over to you. He looked down at you - straight into her eyes. You felt a chill run up your spine, and dropped your gaze down to the floor. He placed a hand beneath your chin, and pushed so that you looked up at him.

"Your heart rate has increased, and your brain activity is way above normal - Please don't ever lie to me again," Zane said - a bit of hurt in his voice.

You cringed, and nodded your head. You didn't like the fact that you were caught in the fact - and that Zane sounded hurt about it. Zane softened his gaze, and allowed a smile to crawl onto his face. He let out a sigh, and ran a hand through his hair.

"That's good. Now then - I have a question, Y/N," Zane said, "How do you know when you've begun to develop feelings for a specific being?"

You drew in a sharp breathe.

"W-Well...You know you've grown feelings when..uh...You always find an excuse to be near that person. You can't ever seem to keep them off your mind. You always smile when they're around - usually because it's something they did to make you do that. You don't ever care for they're flaws - liking all of them even with their quirks," You explained, trying to put in every important point.

"Is that so?" Zane asked rubbing his chin.

You nodded a bit quickly, and had to catch yourself in the action in order to stop. You felt your face flush again as you realize something - you just described all the things that you felt towards the nindroid. Zane noticed this.

"Well - that descripts the very way I have been feeling to a certain someone," he said.

You felt your heart rise to a near climax - but sank as negative thoughts swarmed through your mind. How could it possible be you? It couldn't be - there was just no way. If it was you - you would've noticed something was up - although he is very lacking when it comes to physically expressing his emotions. But if it were you - then why would he come to you for advice? Shouldn't he ask someone else as to not make it obvious? To make it seem surreal to-

You couldn't finish your thought as something soft, and cold presses against your lips. It takes you a few refocusing seconds to realize - Zane was kissing you. You gasped and pulled back - completely shocked by the bold move.

"I'm not sure if that was correct - but I believe that that was a form of physical affection," Zane said matter of factly.

"B-But-" you're cut off once more.

Zane grabs your hand in his, and with the other, wraps am arm around your back and pulls you closer. Nervously - he once again presses his lips against yours. Your whole body trembled. And yet somehow, Zane managed to keep his graced and poised demenor. When he pulls back - he leaves you awestruck with an idiotic smile.

"Z-Zane?" You asked, fumbling to find the problem words, "What does this m-mean?"

Zane pulled you closer.

"This means - I love you,Y/N," he said.

You gasped. H-He loved you?! You were completely shocked. Zane just smiled, and leaned in so that his breathe tickled your ear.

"I love you."

You felt all warm and fuzzy on the inside as he said that. He planted a quick kiss on your lips, before he finally pulled back - looking you straight in the eyes.

"With that said - Y/N? - Will you go out with me?" He asked nervously.

You feel your heart skip a beat. This couldn't be happening - a dream come true. Dreams don't come true - that's why they're dreams. Zane brushed a strand of your H/C behind your ear. He smiled warmly, as he patiently waited for your answer.

"Yes," you finally said.

Zane's eyes lit up. His smile widened - it was clear that he was happy. He pressed his lips gently onto your forward - as you snuggled into his chest.

The moment was perfect until -

"BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! BEEP!" Rang out the fire alarm.

Zane's eyes lit up with horror as smoke poured from the open oven door. Zane instantly sprang not work as he tried to save his cookies - but failed miserbaly. When everything was calm again - Zane sadly placed a plate of burnt cookies onto the counter.

"It would seem I was well distracted,
Y/N," Zane said with a smile.

You picked up a blackened cookie - and took a decent sized bite. It was definitely burnt - no doubt about that - but the middle was still sugary, and sweet.

"Don't worry," you said jokingly, "The quality of these cookies still surpasses Cole's cooking."

<^><^><^><^><^><^><^><^><^><^><^>
So much kindness! You're all amazing - the whole lot of you! I can't wait to post another chapter on this amazing group effort! I'm so, so excited!
Until next time sweethearts,
Reset Buttons @Monkey524