Butterfly {Cole x Reader}

You descend up the stairs, entering the Bounty deck. The Bounty was hovering above a graceful meadow full of flower patches, silky grass, and sweet aromas. It was a luscious setting and had drawn you up here in the first place, but another reason was to distance yourself from everyone else because you wanted quiet. You didn't get that often with the ninja, due to their eccentric personalities. Well, those 2 reasons and that you also wanted to distance yourself from Cole. Him being your crush and all, didn't really work with the closeness. You 2 were friends, yes, but that is all you believed he wanted to be with you.

You were too caught up in your own thoughts that you didn't notice someone come up the stairs and onto the deck. Speak of the devil, it was Cole. You acknowledged his presence with a simple nod. "Hey, Y/N. How long have you been up here?" Cole asks and you shrug your shoulders. "A few minutes?" You guess, glancing around. "So, i'm trying to get away from the others. They're doing some sort of cook-off and teased me for my cooking. Why'd you come up here?" Cole asks and you smile. "Well, I came up here to get away from the ninja. They talk a bit to much. I mean, no offense to you. You were down there when i came up, but I wasn't referring to you when I said that." You state nervously.

Suddenly, a butterfly which you identify as a monarch lands on your arm and flys over to Cole. "Isn't that something? A butterfly, the symbol of..." You trail off, realizing what you would've said, in front of your crush for blood's sake! "Symbol of?" Cole asks, looking at you curiously. "Love. It's the symbol of love." You mention and he smiles. "And you resisted saying that because?" Cole smirks. You look at him and see hope in his eyes. Hope? "Because I...I like you!" You stutter and blush a deep red, presumably a crimson. "That's what I was hoping you'd say, because I return the feeling." Cole grins before pulling you close to him. So that was what the hope in his eyes was pinpointed to. You blushed slightly then he did the unexpected. He kissed you. You smiled and pushed into the kiss with equal force. You both pulled away for air and you saw Cole grin. "Hey, so, you want to go out?" He asks and you nod before he pulls you in for another kiss.

Sorry if this was bad, but hope you enjoyed! FlareFrozenriverClay Out!