Chapter 7

After glaring each other down for good five minutes, we were interrupted by his assistant coughing in the background to get our attention.

The moment we realised his presence, we straightened up, as he spoke up "Good morning Sir, Ma'am. All the arrangements you have asked for, have been made. Would you like to come and check it now or should I ask everyone to double check it until you come?"

I'll give him that. It was a smooth way to ask if we will go in now or later.

"Coming." Kai replied shortly and the assistant nodded, waiting to follow us in.

Kai gave me a quick judgemental once over before heading inside with strides exuding dominance. 

As we walked, everyone greeted us. In elevator, the tension in the atmosphere could be cut apart with knife.
We stopped at the top floor and I was looking around impressed, taking in every detail of the surroundings. 

As I was following him, he suddenly stopped and turned to me saying, "That's all that was needed from you. Now you can simply sit around and ask anyone if you need anything. We are more than capable of preparing the design."

Just who does he think I am?
I gawked at him, surprised at how did he manage to surpass all levels of unreasonability.

"Thanks for the absurd concern but I'm joining in. My team will be here soon as well." I told him with a smile dripping with sarcasm.

Before he could say another word, I did a little something that'd boil his blood more, when he'll find out.

"If you don't recall, let me repeat it for you one last time, I don't need you slowing me down. I don't have any interest in working with you." He spat out and I smirked at him with a raised eyebrow.

"Is that so?" I queried in a smug manner.

He raised an eyebrow questioningly, which I must say, I enjoyed a little too much as I held my phone out to him, with the client on the ongoing call.

"Let me put it on speaker for you, Mr Hiwatari." I said with a smirk as I watched him glare at me with red furious eyes.

Well, weren't you playing with fire too carelessly?

"Mr Hiwatari, I'm disappointed to hear that from you. I must say I found your work impressive but if you are not fine with working together, I am afraid that I will prefer working with Miss Kurenai and her team instead of you." The man's voice was still calm but his words were heavy with sternness. 

I was amused to see his reaction and I didn't bother to hide it too. I bet he was raging with fury but, well he was literally begging for it by showing that uncalled attitude.

He pursed his lips together in annoyance and after some moments passing in silence, he spoke up in a measured tone, "I suppose I'll make an exception this one time and bear this girl."

I was laughing so hard in my mind that I was afraid, just a tad bit that I might burst into laughter.

Well, even if I did, I wasn't really worried much though.

When the call was finally hung up, he was ready to pounce on me like a hungry predator seeking revenge but his assistant, who appeared nothing more than a meek underling attempted his best to avoid the destruction he might have caused.

"Umm sir, it's hot here, shall we keep going? Everyone must be waiting too." He said, desperately trying to distract his boss. 

With a last annoyed glance, he turned and entered the room at the farther end of the corridor. 

Giving me an apologetic bow, his assistant rushed behind and I followed them as well.

The team and their plans were impressive without a doubt and it was a bit frustrating that my team was running a bit late due to getting stuck in  traffic.

I sighed, tired of waiting for them to arrive when the knock on the door got my attention, uplifting my spirits.

The door opened to reveal my team of designers, exciting me at the opportunity to display the efficiency and skills of my team.

We highlighted all the points that we had picked onto, while meeting the client. I made sure to mention the details I made out from his feedbacks on our designs as well as, the hints of preferences I took from his reactions during the presentations.

When I had laid out the things I found important, I was surprised with the slight hints that Kai had gathered from the conversations too. No doubt his company is among one of the leading names in the world of interior designing.
He was a keen observer and had even taken some notes from the interior of his office too.

Since it was a rare blend of styles, the need of customization was on top of all.
Even after the grumpy personality he had, we managed to split work.

It was decided that we will be incharge of designing things, while he and his team will be responsible for managing the technological necessities. When our teams got our approval and feedbacks on the designs, we both had a bigger challenge before us.

We both had to work together to blend them both in a satisfying way that won't make one style overpower the other one.

With the intention to complete it all as soon as possible so that we won't have to bear each other for too long, we decided to stay a while longer to complete what we started atleast half way through.

We had told the others to leave since it was getting late.

I picked up my phone to inform others that I will be late in returning but, guess what, this huge office doesn't have network!

I stared at the guy in front of me as he let out an irritated sigh asking "What do you want?"

"Network." I said solemnly. 

He gave me a questioning look at which I questioned "Just what's the use of this big office if there's no network here?!"

He rolled his eyes and said "The room has network jammer to avoid employees from getting distracted. Go out and call whoever you want instead of annoying me."

Oh- that makes sense but isn't this a bit extreme? It's smart though.