Chapter 5

"Heyy, a reunion without me?? Not fair!!" came Ethan's whining voice, who is Kiara's brother and Jared's best friend.

"Hii! No way! How can we forget about you?" I mused cheerfully and he flashed a grin as his cat, Stella followed him behind, entering into the hall.

"Hii Stella!" I picked her up and she meowed merrily.

I watched as he cautiously walked to Kiara with a wide smile as he queried "Cooled down?"

She kept glaring at him indifferently as the response so he merely turned to Jared and gave him a questioning nod.

Jared smiled with a sweatdrop as he looked between Kiara and Ethan.

"I guess no threat to life until Yue is present." Jared assured his best friend, making him laugh heartily, instigating Kiara more.

Hehe, they sure are fun.

"Geez, it's getting crowdy. I'm off to a stroll." Groaned Chimera as he put Luna aside from his lap, who had again gone to him to mess with him.

She really seem to like him.

"Why? Since we all are together, let's do something fun! Cards?" I suggested.

"What are you? A kid? Oh yes, you are." He answered his own annoyed query with a smug look.

"And you are a Chimera!" I snapped back.

"You're staying and playing!" I informed him.

"Nah." He retorted.

"I didn't ask. I was telling you." I said with an intimidating manner.

As soon as I completed my sentence, Luna put a paw on his foot authoritatively with a meow.

I couldn't help but laugh at her this adorable advance.

"Geez, I'm done messing with you." He looked at the adorable creature, pretending to be annoyed but didn't pull away.

"Excuse me, will you bother to take your cat?" He looked at Kiara who was watching the scene unfold indifferently. 

No, she's not gonna say a thing.

"Look, even Luna wants to see you losing." I instigated him a bit.

"Instigating huh?" He stared right into my eyes so I returned the favour too, by staring back just as intently.

He leaned close to me and smirked out of the blue "I'll take you on kiddo."

With that said, he settled on the couch again. Just what's he planning now?

Don't tell me he's gonna read mind even now!!

"No mind reading allowed!" I announced sternly.

"Why? Scared?" He mused. 

"That's cheating!" I claimed.

"Nah, it's not. Even you can read mind if you want, when did I ever stop you?" He uttered, leaning back lazily.

"Nobody knows mind reading other than you!" I reasoned.

"Fine. I'll do another favour on you." He said sounding like a narcissist. 

"Stop bickering and start it or just drop the plan." Kiara rebuked and I realised that they all were listening to our banter all this time.

"Hehe yeah." I said and Jared brought the card deck.

We all were playing and enjoying and even though Kiara assured me that Chimera wasn't reading mind, he was still taking pleasure in messing with me by his mere behaviour!!

After a couple of games of cards, I was too annoyed at Chimera's continuously buzzing phone.

"Just who is calling you this desperately?? Receive the call already, its annoying!" I told, him frustrated.

"It's not important. Just ignore it." He shrugged.

As soon as the call buzzed again, Luna pawed the screen, making the call answered on speaker.

"Sir, please, it's a really big event and we want such an impressive mentalist as you to attend it." The man at the other side of the line pleaded in a tired voice.

I was gawking at Chimera as he fumbled to hang up the call and did succeed at last after saying "I'm too busy."

When he put the phone aside, I was glaring at him, and so was Asher.

"What are you busy with??" We both asked in unison.

"In lazing around." He responded without even taking a second to think.

"Why don't you go and sit inside a cage of a zoo. They might even pay you for being a human form sloth." Kiara commented at which he gave a pleased look.

"Not a bad idea." He said approvingly. 

This guy is so desperate to pretend to be indolent!

"What's that event anyways?" I asked curiously. 

"Nothing nothing." He attempted to dismiss it off.

"Oh, you mean that huge annual event that invites talented and skilled people from all around the country?" Ethan enquired.

"Never knew 'nothing nothing' was this elaborative of a reply." Jared said with a chuckle.

Ethan really keep all the news of everyone around hehe.

"And why are you not going?" Asher demanded, glaring at him.

"You expect this dumb head to give you a good reason?" Kiara said.

"That would waste my whole day." He groaned.

"What productive thing do you even do anyways?" She asked.

Hehe nice! Chimera's getting scolded.

"Geez, not going." He said irritated.

"Dumbhead!" Asher rolled her eyes at him.

"Wow. You managed to upset your girlfriend, Chimera. Here I thought you could read the situation." I mocked him.

"Kid, don't you think you should not speak about matters like this?" He said.

"Atleast I'm more sensible than you." I retorted.

Asher pouted and began to play with Luna and Stella.

He looked at her and opened his mouth only to shut it back again.

That's truly something new! Chimera's speechless hehehe.

"Fine fine. Will go." He sighed.

"That won't do. Call them!" Shiny commanded.

"Will do later." He said, putting his phone in his pocket, seemingly in an attempt to hide it.

Shiny kept glaring at him and he automatically pulled it out again, calling him and agreeing to attend the event.

It was a pure pleasure to see Chimera obeying someone this easily otherwise if it's us, we need to prepare a whole ppt presentation to convince him.

Just then, someone covered my eyes from behind with their hands.