Chapter 1

"Disaster! Disaster! Ma'am, it's a disaster!" I kept my gaze fixed on the laptop screen before me as I sighed wearily.

"Keep it down." I told him sternly "What happened this time?"

"Hiwatari Enterprises is also going for the same International project too! Kai Hiwatari is himself heading the project! All other companies have withdrawn their proposals. Should we do the same?" He babbled in a single breath before letting out the breath he was holding.

I pursed my lips together in a thoughtful manner, before making up my mind.

It might actually be the chance for our company to make a splash.

"Even if you are an idiot, you don't have any compulsion to act like one. We are not withdrawing. Call a meeting, I want the proposal outline that I had asked to be prepared. I will be heading it myself too." I announced, earning a dreaded look from my assistant.

"Ma'am, are you sure? I really love my job please. He'll crush our company!!" He pleaded and for a second, I pondered if I made a mistake appointing him as my assistant.

"Then why tempting me to fire you?" I queried, putting my hands on the table and interlocking my fingers, before resting my chin on them.

"I- I am sorry. I'll be off to work on the project!" And within a blink of my eyes, he was out of sight, leaving my office door to close at its own pace.

I searched up for his company to dig in more about it, and leaned backward in my chair as the results began to show on my search, on my laptop screen.

I looked up at the web page to notice that all their works were focused on modern and classy approach.

After getting a better insight on their working pattern, I looked up for the client's details. From his smallest of hints regarding what he wants, to his lifestyle and everything. I didn't leave a single stone unturned to get a better idea about his preferences.

When finally the prepared design was presented to me by those who were working on it, it had a lot of things that troubled me. At first glance, the design appears just perfect for his taste, but as I dug deeper into his profile, I think there's a lot that needs to be modified.

I have the necessary instructions regarding the changes, which seemed to be bugging some of the designers but I can't blame them. Reading people is something I learnt from a psychologist and a mentalist, who can be quite observant at times, even to the extent of scaring you with their attentiveness.

I wonder what they might be doing right now.

"Ma'am, the changes have been made. Would you like to take a look at it?" My assistant peeked from the door, appearing somewhat hesitant.

"Sure, bring it in." I affirmed and straightened up again, pulling myself out of my thoughts.

After a long day of designing and instructing, I was satisfied with the outcome. Everything was at par to my content.

Exhausted from the day, I drove back to my place and plopped on my bed, completely drained after getting refreshed.

Kai Hiwatari, huh? The previous beyblading world champion, current topmost business tycoon. Heard he is too cruel when it comes to achieving what he wants and he doesn't think twice before crushing anyone who hinders his achievements.

People says he's a perfectionist, and has quite a cold personality but his impressive work makes up for it.

I wonder how will it be like when we'll be up against each other.

Our values are quite different. We want to work towards the betterment of our relations with the clients as well as quality of work and give them a space where they feel happy and at ease. While, he is more focused on the quality and perfection even at the cost of compromising with the warm relations with customer.

My adrenaline was on high rise as I thought about the various possible outcomes of my decision.

I didn't make a rash choice. I thought it through well but still the thought of lacking somewhere is still horrifying but, I'm not losing at it!

I just feel that this client is not looking for any renowned company, but for the quality of work that would satisfy his expectations. Had he wanted a prominent company, he could have reached out to them instead of inviting designs and proposals from everyone.

If I could satisfy his expectations, our company's reputation will be skyrocketed within a blink!

As pressurizing as it is, I can't get a hold of my excitement at the thought of competing against Kai Hiwatari!

I really hope to get this project! I rolled onto my side to reach my phone on the side table and texted my princess and others! I can't wait to tell them all about tomorrow! It's such a big opportunity!!

The feeling of excitement fused with nervousness was enough to cloud my comprehension of emotions.

I hope tomorrow will be fine.

A Very Happy Birthday Aria!!! ✨️ ♥️✨️
rirurutowa123

I hope your day will be right out of a magical fairytale filled with happiness and joy!!! 🌟🌟🌟
Enjoy your day to the fullest!!! ✨️
I hope the chapter was fine