Chapter 2

I shared about the project with everyone and we chatted for a while. I didn't tell them yet that I was coming to their city! I wanted to surprise them!!

Next morning, I got ready and went for the meeting at the decided place. He had requested to meet at his office.

When I went there, a lady welcomed me warmly and lead me to a room.

I glanced around the spacious conference room we were sitting in. It appears that my assistant was right about other companies withdrawing their proposals.

As my gaze wandered around the room, they got fixed on the person sitting right in front of me. His crimson piercing eyes glaring at me in slight annoyance.

Why glaring at me? That's too childish you know. You really thought that nobody would stand against you for competition?

I can't wait to see your face when he'll favour my designs!
I thought as I glared back at him.

"I see, Miss Kurenai, Mr Hiwatari, you both are quite punctual of time." Came a deep voice, making us face the man standing at the door.

The man was dressed in a decent formal suit, his eyes as serene as the sea when he gazed at us with a welcoming smile. The man was in his early 50s but his features were enough to force you to consider that he might be bluffing his age as older. Only his grey hairs were evidence of his fading youth.

He strode towards the centre and took his chair. After the formal pleasantries, we were talking business.

As I had expected, Kai had prepared a design with the modern and classy theme yet again. I must say it was sooo impressive!!! But! Mine is not any lesser than his!!

When he completed showing his designs, he glanced at me with a victorious smirk. Just what does he think of me?! Already assuming himself victorious??

Let me show you who am I! When he had finished, I began presenting the designs that I had gotten prepared.

In between, I was sparing quick glances to that coldy to see his reaction. He was watching me with squinted eyes, as if focusing to shoot laser on me.

The client appeared delighted to see the designs but- he still appeared confused to reach any conclusion. Why? Did I mess it up??

I was soo sure that he would want a vintage and spacious themed design!!

He was talking in a hushed voice to the man beside him, probably his son.

I felt rooted to the chair as I glanced around the room to distract myself from the heavy tension that laid between us.

Meanwhile, my gaze met with Kai's as he rolled them and looked away.

How dare he?!

I was feeling so annoyed at him but then our attention shifted to the client again when he cleared his throat.

"So.. we thought a lot regarding it and yet both the designs were so impressive and captivating that it proved to be such a difficult decision to choose any one of them." The man started and I held my breath, hoping so hard for him to choose my design.

"One is vintage themed that I have been longing for, yet, at present, modern theme can't be neglected too. So, we have decided that.." he trailed off, exchanging glance with his son before continuing.

"..If you both would agree, I would like you both to blend both of your styles to make the ideal design that I want." He completed, leaving us to gawk at him for a moment before regaining our composure.

Probably noticing our reactions, he added "I know you both might not like the idea but Mr Hiwatari is undefeated in modern designs, while I think, the vintage design prepared by you, Miss Kurenai, is exceptional too. If you both would agree, I would make sure that both of your companies will benefit from it more than I had mentioned."

I slowly turned to Kai who seemed to be considering his words too. I think, it's not that bad. It's just a matter of this single project.

As if reading my thoughts, Kai spoke up at the same time "Fine. I agree."

After discussing the necessary things, we left from there and I couldn't help but glance at Kai as we walked towards our cars.

"Do what you want but don't you dare be a hurdle in my way." He phrased out bitterly with a scowl.

"It's such a simple word you know, 'teamwork'. Never heard of it?" I said with a smug look at which he glared at me with gritted teeth but I couldn't bother with that. I still have to meet them!!

Not sparing another second to him, I walked to my car and drove off to my next destination to meet the first on list, Chimera!

Parking the car, I knocked at the door as an annoyed yet indolent voice came from inside, "Geez, who's it now?"

Hehe didn't change even a bit.

A servant opened the door and welcomed me inside. The moment I stepped inside the doorframe, his rabbit, Mr bunny and his pet dog, Coco came rushing electrified.

I petted them and was playing with them when I quietly told the servant to tell him that someone has come to take his interview.

Soon after the servant went to him, he came muttering, "Little girl, I don't recall applying at your company. And anyways, since when did the CEO herself began to go house to house for taking interviews?"

He looked at me amused as I rolled my eyes and queried "How did you get to know this time?"

"These furballs don't welcome any stranger this decently." He replied lazily, as he glanced at his pets who had approached him by now.

"Yeah yeah." I said.

Right away, I heard the door opening again and I turned to see none other than...

Soo, how was it?
I hope not too disappointing??