The Tragic Memories of Selene Drakul

My uncle's necklace... This will be helpful, I just need a big bowl with water. I go to the kitchen, grab a big inox bowl, fill it with water and put it on the kitchen countertop. Now I need to be strong, I'll have to live all those memories again. I put the dice of the blood of Drakul on the water, turn it back into blood, put the sodalite pendant on the transparent-stained in red surface and move it in circles while mumbling:
   - Let me dance in your memories... I need to know what went wrong...
   I close my eyes, hold my breath and put my face on the water. Everything is black. A memory starts to materialize like smoke in front of my eyes. I remember this place... It's a small and dirty cabin, the fireplace burning, lighting the place a bit. Next to it, a woman with very pale skin, morbid figure, long black wavy hair, big scarlet eyes and long black dress sitting next to the fireside, shivering... My mother...
   I hear something behind me, I turn aroud and they're two children, aboit 7 years old, fighting for a piece of bread on a empty table, one looks like me when I was a child and the other is a little boy with black hair, pale skin and gray-redish eyes.
   - Selene, Damian! - I hear my father's voice, and there he's, red hair, big and grayish eyes coming to separate the fight - you should be sharing the bread like Jesus did, not fighting for it - the two children look at him and let the bread go - good... - he grabs a knife and cuts the bread in four pieces, he gives one for each kid, eats one and goes to my mother, giving her the other piece. He kneels down next to her and hugs her, she hugs him back. I almost forgot how they loved each other...
   Next, the memory fades away like dust in the wind and a new memory builds up from the old dust like a phenix, it's the same old house, but there's fire outside, the Castle is burning while the snow falls, turning the landscape white. The invasion... I see their parents putting the two kids inside a barrel, Drakul is with that box, and throwing the barrel on a half-frozen river, the barrel goes down the river until the memory fades quickly again... I wonder how they were able to fit two children in a barrel, I wasn't bearely able to fit, and it was only me inside of it..!
   Another memory materialize, it's the funeral of their parents, there's only a priest, the other me, the boy and my uncle, Salvatore Drakul... I remember that long white hair, red eyes and slim morbid figure. The children seem sad, even the weather is gray and sad... After the morbid event, Damian sneaks out to the church, sitting on a bench looking at the cross with lilies on his hands... I remember that... But it was with me, not him... Salvatore enters the church with Drakul, he sits next to the boy, leaving the girl on the entrance of the church, the boy says:
   - Will mother and father come back..?
   - They're next to God, happily watching you and Selene from above, wating for you both... - he says softly - they will always love you, even if they aren't here now... - he looks at her.
   - I miss them... - the child starts crying - I-I love mother... I-I love father...
   Salvatore wipes away his tears and hugs him. Damian hesitates a bit and hugs his uncle back, the girl is still there, holding back her tears... She needed that too, but probably didn't had... And the memory fades...
   A new memory emerges. This one, the children look older, about 13 years old, they seem to get ready for something in a big luxurious room, Salvatore enters the room, petting Damian's head saying:
   - Da Vinci is wating for you, make sure to come back before the sun comes up...
   - Why do I have to bring her with me? - Damian asks pissed - she isn't that smart...
   - Shut up! - she punches his arm - even a cow is smarter than you! - she smirks and they both start to hit each other.
   - Calm down you both... - Salvatore aparts them - you're too old to be so childish... - he sighs disappointed - I cannot stay with her, you know that, but you're old enough to take care of her... But you aren't acting your age... - he walks away. Drakul and Damian look sad at him leaving.
   The memore fades and a new one emerges. The two siblings are at Da Vinci's studio, dissecting a corpse with him in the darkness. Oh, how I loved doing that with him. He's there, helping as well while sketching. I can recognize that long beard anywhere... He seems tired. He yawns and says:
   - You may go back home, we cannot do something perfectly with minds drunk with sleep... - Damian nods without questioning.
   - But this is interesting... - Drakul says upset with a heart on her hands - Salvatore said we could stay until the sunrise... Plus, we don't have a carriage...
   - I'll bring you both back home - Salaì emerges from the darkness. There he's, my childhood best friend... Drakul sigh sad.
   The memory lies in dust and another one emerges, Damian and Drakul are already home, the boy goes to his room and Drakul goes to Salvatore's office... Oh no... She opens the door slyly, and there's Salvatore talking to a projection of Lilith on the flames... The face of the Mother of the Demons is marked in my memories until these days... The dark gray skin, the long black wavy hair, the goat skull with big torns on her head and those red piercing eyes staring at his soul...
   - ... Lady of Hell, free me of this curse... - Salvatore asks in fear - I'll give you anything in exchange..!
   - Why should I do that..? - Lilith asks calmly - you know you're just paying the price of the sins of your father...
   - I cannot live with this anymore! - Salvatore opposes louder - this curse is killing me, I don't want to die this young! I shouldn't be paying for something my father did!
   - You are the consequence of their sins... - Lilith sighs - I may try... But I want your soul in exchange.
   - I'll give you anything..! Just please, free me from this curse! - Salvatore kneels down, crying and coughing, he's coughing blood...
   Lilith puts her hand on the top of Salvatore's head and mumbles something in Latim, but she notices Drakul on the background and stop saying whatever she was saying. Drakul shakes in fear, petrified. Salvatore turns behind and says:
   - Selene..? Get out! You shouldn't be here!
   She is too scared to respond, I can remember that... I don't want to see what comes next, I know what will happen... I don't like remembering it... Salvatore tries to crawl to her, but Lilith shouts for him doesn't go, but he goes anyways, his skin and muscles start melting into a gray slime, like ice, telling Drakul to go away. He reaches her, shouting for her in despair for her to leave, his face melting, reveling his bones, organs and muscles. Drakul can't move in fear... He melts completely, until only his bones remain.
   - You lost all you had... - Lilith says and disappears.
   She cannot move, she's scared and petrified, Damian comes from behind, looking at all that horrifying situation disgusted and scared...
   - What did you do, Selene..? - he looks at her, she cannot respond as she turns around - Salvatore... What did you do to him? TELL ME WHAT DID YOU DO TO HIM!
   She tries to formulate something, but it's just some nonsense noises, scared.
   - You... killed him... YOU MONSTER! - He walks way crying and the memory fades again...
   A new memory emerges, this one is her in a carriage with a nun. The nun asks:
   - Why exactly are you going to the Convent?
   - My brother got all Salvatore's heritage, and I had only two options: Marry a nobleman or serve God, and thankfully, I was sent to serve the Lord above... - Drakul responds.
   - I can understand... - the nun mumbles.
   The memory fades away again... In my case, I didn't got the heritage and went to the Convent... A new memory emerges, this one, Drakul, she looks 16 now, she is reading the Bible in the dark, lighting the ambient with a small light bulb and a rosary on her hands.
   - I cannot fail a 4th time... - she mumbles - I have to be a nun at all costs...
   I remember... I fail on the test to be a nun 3 times, but something happend before the 4th... There are some noises outside the room, she goes to the door and open the door slyly, curious. There are a bunch of people in a circle around someone, it's the Superior Madre and a priest, Damian... He's older now, 16 probably. The priest announces with such genocide passion:
   - ... Our Pope Emeritus I had a vision of God and the Angels, they announced that are demonic beings among the man, they're here to corrupt and pervert AMD destroy the man. Those servants of the Devil are the Children of the Night, the ones that look like humans, but they have big monstrous fangs, like the demons in Hell, and red-blood eyes, showing their true sinful nature, they cannot stay under the daylight becuse it's blissed by God, something that kills those unholy creatures. They temptate the man and eat their flash, drink their blood, make them sin and bring their souls to Hell with them! The Lord above said we have to elimitate each of them, one by one, to purify the mankind. As the Pope Emeritus I orders, all people who fit the description must be killed to send their souls back to Hell, where they belong! Many have been eliminated already, but the purification isn't over yet. Lord bless you all and free you from those demons on earth!
   Drakul runs back to the big shared room and closes the door behind her. She's breathing heavily... It was already hard form me, imagine for her that was her brother doing that (he's really hypocrite, killing the ones of his kind).
   She starts to package some of her stuff, but her brother appears behind her, saying ironically:
   - Selene... Long time no see, my beloved sister... Did you were able to become a nun or will I have to exchange you for two chickens and a cow?
   - Damian... What happened to you..? - she says shocked.
   - Church has more... power than some italian bourgeois, so I became a priest for that exact motive, and now I have a great excuse to kill the one who killed Salvatore, you devilish creature...
   - It wasn't my fault! - she shouts crying - and you're calling me a demon but we have the same blood! What does distinguish us?
   - I'm not like you and the other Children of the Night! - he shouts angrily - I'm special! I'm saved! I'm a loyal servant of the Lord above! I already have my place next to God, while you have a place next to the Devil in Hell! You're just like all the others!
   - And you're worst! - she shouts back, he grabs her by the long red hair of hers, lifting her up from the ground.
   - It will be a pleasure seeing you and all the others being burned! You demon! You sinner! I cannot believe we're the children of the same mother...
   She kicks his stomach, he let's her go and kneels down, she grabs her mother's box and runs to the open window. Drakul looks down to the big fall with dry torns on the end, she hesitates a bit and jumps off the window, falling on the torns and the memory fades again... Damn... That was... Horrible... At least it wasn't what happened to me...
   A new one emerges, this one, Drakul is entering the Basilica of Saint Peter and there's the Pope Emeritus I, praying with other members of high clergy. She comes closer silently, she has a dagger on her hand... She comes behind him, takes a deep breath and mumbles:
   - Forgive me, mother... They don't know what they're doing...
   She stabs his back 10 times, he falls back, a pool of blood forms on the ground, she steps behind, all the other members look at her. The figures of Virgin Mary are crying blood... I remember that... We all made the mother cry...
   Someone closes the big door and locks it. They stare at her soul, like the statues and figures on the walls... They run fadter her, she runs way in fear until she hides behind a statue. That one Michelangelo did, she presses her back against the back of it in fear, one block of marble moves into the statue, opening a small passage in front of her. That guy was smart...
   She enter the passage, leading to a small stair. She goes downstairs, ending is a dark room with thousands of books and parchments in shelves, some candles on the corridors. She moves behind and hits on a shelf, a book fall from it. She looks at it curious and opens it, the pages start to flip by themselves until it stops on one, with the Baal seal... It starts burning, but not setting the pages on fire and the figure of Baal emerges from the flames. Drakul falls behind in fear.
   - Ah... So great to be back to the mortal world... - Baal sighs satisfied, she looks at Drakul - who are you, mortal?
   - S-Selene Drakul... W-who are you..?
   - Baal, Lord of Thunders and Natural Catastrophes...
   - What are you..?
   - An Angel... Why are you scared, Selene?
   - You and... I just killed a man... Stab him 10 times on his back... And now they're running after me...
   - Who did you kill?
   - Pope Emeritus I...
   - A Pope... - Baal smiles proudly - another one for our collection... Why did you kill him?
   - He... He's hunting my people... Even if God said him to do so, I don't think it's right... I feel so wrong but right at the same time for not agreeing with it...
   - God doesn't care about you, the Pope, the man or anyone... None of you are special... - Drakul looks down - But I think you're special...
   - Really..? Why? - she looks up.
   - You had the gunts to kill a man, but not any man, the voice of God on Earth and the most powerful man here... I'm starting to like you... Maybe I can help you...
   - How?
   - I can give you power, power to get a delightful revenge of anyone... But it has a price... - she points the sword to her eyes - half of your soul...
   - My soul..?!
   - A half is enough, then we both will be bounded, like sisters...
   Drakul thinks a bit, she slowly get up, look into Baal eyes and nods determined. Baal smirks and stabs her left eye with a sword, Drakul screams and blood flows out of her eye like tears, as the drops hit the floor, they create those dark roses with black torns...
   - Rosis Baal... - Baal mumbles - I give you the power to kill them all, destroy everything and show them how death can take lives in the most painful way possible, Death...
   Baal takes out the sword out of her eye, a flower emerges from the eyeless hole. Drakul looks at the dagger in her hands and go upstairs, the blood falling from her eye turns into those roses as they hit the floor. When she gets on the Basilica, see all the other members of clergy and cuts all theirs necks out, so easily that seems they couldn't see her. As the bodies fall dead on the ground like trees, the roses grow out of the wounds. When they're all dead, Drakul smiles, like she was very happy with it all...
   She got what she wanted...
   The memory fades again, a new one comes up, this one it's night and snowing, Drakul is in front of the Cathedral of Notre Dame, wating for someone. In a black horse, Damian comes, stepping at the stairs of the Cathedral. Drakul comes from behind and stabs his back, he falls on the stairs and looks behind in fear, seeing his sister with a sadistic smile on her face.
   - Looks like the the spell turned against the sorcerer...  - she mumbles.
   - Selene?! - he looks desperate - what happened to you? Didn't you died after that fall?!
   - My death was... a big fallacy... But at the same time, the start point for my anger towards the Church and, specially, you...
   - Where is your eye? Where is God in your heart?
   - This heart has only place for power, not masked catholics... - she points to her heart - Like you... - she points to him - Who use the name of God to justify their selfish desires, go against everything he said thinking you're just like the saints...
   - You killed a man and you're talking about me...
   - Shut up! - she shouts, stabbing his stomach - I don't follow God's and Mortal's rules! - she stabs his shoulder - I'm truly different! I AM SPECIAL! - she stabs his neck - YOU CANNOT SCAPE FROM THE EYES OF DEATH!
   He falls behind, dead. His blood staining the snow under him as the flowers and torns grow. The bells start to ring, Drakul looks at the statues, staring at her soul and laughs out of pleasure, sadistic pleasure...
   - HOW I LOVE THIS! HOW I LOVE THIS FEELING! - she laughs. That's when she lost herself in power...
   The memory lies in dust and a new one appears, this one is her, much older, sitting on a chair around a round table in somewhere dark. There're other 3 people there:
   One is a friar, wearing black clothes covering his eyes with his black hoodie, but what I can see form his face, he looks like very sick, even is sun-kissed skin looks grayish. He also has something that looks like a small clay bottle, but the lower part is bigger and round. He's praying with a low voice and a rosary on his hand.
   Other one looks like a cowboy, probably a sheriff becuse he as a star distinctive but it's Baal seal. He's cleaning a pistol, but still, I can't see his eyes because of the hat.
   And lastly, a guy with long black hair, eyes like Xina's, dressed as a ancient China warrior. His right eye is like a cloud, fading as it moves away from him. He's looking at a sword, a pretty one, admiring it with a stern look.
   No I noticed that there's a Baal seal on the table, and from that seal, she emerges from the fire. She says:
   - Well, today we're here united because I choose you all to be the Four Horseman of Apocalypse serving Baal. I choose each one of you because of your loyalty and power... You were able to destroy your own worlds, which is something admirable in my four eyes, and also because we're connected, almost like a family... Let me introduce you to one another: - she points the sword to the friar - First, Plage or Conquest, Muscas Baal or Friar Pedro Chagas Cruz, a corruped man, his pockets full of money he stole form the poor, lie to innocent and naive people with the cure of a horrible plage that he suffered as well, but I was able to save that weak fly from the disease and the angry people... - she points the sword to the warrior - Now, War, Mons Baal or Shang Tzu, a general abandoned by his emperor after a war, bloodthirsty even with his people, but great and resident like a mountain, he was able to run away from his emperor ans with my help, get his sweet revenge... - she points the sword to the cowboy - Next, Hunger, Rupus Baal or Billy Westwood, a corrupted and bloody sherif who stole food from his town during a hunger strike, got caught and almost died, but I saved him from dieing and he blowed up that town... - she points the sword to Drakul - And finaly, Death, Rosis Baal or Selene Drakul, betrayed by her own brother, Damian Dubois, she murdered of the the strongest people of her time with extreme grace and cold blood with my power, and she also got her revenge...
   - So we're basically going to destroy everything..? - Shang asks, Baal nods.
   - That will be fun... - Drakul mumbles with a smirk - you are almost gods...
   - Yep... - Baal mumbles quickly, almost like she was lying...
   This is when she became what she was... Betrayed by her brother and Baal...
   The memory fades and now everything is black, I can feel the water again. I get my face out of the bowl, open my eyes to see my apartment again, my face dripping water with blood...