Monster in the Mirror

Happy Easter!

   I hope they got tired already. I hate those guys. Next, I hear a bang, I look around and see Selene kneeling on the floor. Oh shock...
   I run towards her, kneel down next to her and see a big red stain on her shirt, different from the orange blood of the snake... She's bleeding...
   - What happened..? - I ask her.
   - Dunno... - she mumbles weakly, putting her hand on the wound - it hurts... - then dark red roses with black torns grown and bloom out of the place where the she was shoot. She screams in pain as it happens. Shock!
   - I'll... Help you with this..! - I say shocked.
   - T-Thank y-you... - she mumbles as she falls into my arms. I have to be quick, I don't know how long she can handle.
   I run to the elevator, open the door with all my strength and climb out of there on the elevator shaft with Selene in my arms, as fast as I can. These roses are the same Selene described at the Zoo, so the person behind Baal must be here, definitely the one who invaded and released the fire snake in the power generators' room.
   During the midway, the roses and torns disappear like they were burning... How weird... But I don't have much time for it, Selene needs me...

* * *

   Where am I..?
   It's really dark in here... I light up the red candles in the chandelier with a lighter and look around, there's nothing, just completely darkness. All empty.
   Suddenly, I hear a macabre yet hysterical laugh in the darkness, and the sound taht crows make as well, it's like those in the horror movies, I look around but there's no one... I can feel the death omen again...
   - Oh, look who wanted to play the hero again! - I hear the laugh again - how naive...
   - Who is there?! - I shout, looking around in fear - revel yourself!
   - I'm always there, you may not see me... - the voice laughs - I'm inevitable!
   - Who would you be? - I shout in fear, stepping behind.
   - Just take look at the mirror...
   I feel bumping on something, I turn around and see a big ogive mirror with crows flying above of it and those roses from the Zoo on its corners... In the reflection, I don't see myself, I see a human shadow with the same height as me and a dark rose instead of the left eye, a red eye, and a bizarre sadistic smile.
   - Our difference is that my roses can grow in the corpses of my enemies while yours die in a vase - the figure says with that voice while it comes about of the mirror and closer to me with slow intimidating steps as I step behind in fear... I feel the air getting harder to breathe, my heart almost jumping out of my chest, and the flames shake in my hands.
   Than the figure starts to choke me as I fall behind on the ground, the chandelier falls from my hands and the fire goes out, but still, I can see the shiny sadistic expression of the shadow in the darkness, laughing hysterically as I gasp for air and a hit light of hope... I can't scream, I can't move...
   I DON'T WANNA DIE! I DON'T WANNA GO TO HELL!
   It's all lost... It's the end...
   I feel the laugh getting farther and farther away, the sadistic monster slowly fading, the last thing I hear is the voice far away:
   - Mors prope est... Hoc est ultimum monitionem...
   My eyes open fast as I gasp for air and my heat beats fast, there's light here... Where am I? Again... It looks like some high-tec shit... And I'm in some sort of futuristic coffin. Was that all a dream..? What horrible nightmare... I haven't dreamed in a while, for this to happen must be something paranormal...
   - Selene..? - I hear Miguel's voice coming near me, which brings me some relief - are you feeling better? - he appears among the shadows.
   - I-I need some air... - I get out of the futuristic coffin, staggering a bit as I gasf for air a bit.
   - You're definitely not... - he comments - what's wrong?
   - A bad dream, nightmare, an hallucination, whatever was that... - I continue to walk with no destiny until I fall with my knees on the floor, gasping for oxygen like I was drowning.
   - Tell me - he kneels down next to me.
   - It was horrible... - I try to explain, but it's very hard to breathe, like there was a rope on my neck - it was dark... a mysterious voice scared me... - as I talk, it's like I'm living that memory again, it's horrible - there was also a mirror... and the roses... the shadow in the mirror wasn't me... - I feel a lump in my throat that makes it harder to speak - and it... choked me... - I feel tears coming out of my eyes and my nails digger into my skin.
   - Look at me, Selene - he cups my cheeks and move my face towards him - now breathe in... - I do so - and out... - I do it - again... - we do it a couple of times more until my breathing starts to come back to normal, he wipes away his tears - good... It was a nightmare, nothing to worry about.
   - It felt so real...
   - But it wasn't... - he hesitates a bit, but he hugs me... I never thought he would do something like that... Be kind... - You're afraid of an unrealistic thing, it's stupid..!
   - I know, but it's inevitable when it happens... - I bury my face in his chest I close my eyes. I can feel the warmth of his body though the soft tissues.
   - Does it happen... Often..?
   - Not much... I don't dream a lot and... My nightmares are usually about my past, not things like this...
   - And... how are you... Feeling right now..?
   - Scared... I'm afraid of what I saw...
   - It wasn't real, it's over, and there's nothing to worry about... Perhaps it's stress or something caused that. Think when this all is over..!
   - Hum... - I would like to go to Nosferatu's, I promised myself to go there and haven't gone until this day... I like parties and be surrounded by people having a good time. Only thinking of it makes me feel better... I don't want to move away from here, I like this warmth. I haven't felt it in decades, it's really good to have it even if it's for a small period of time. I open my eyes and look up to Miguel - thank you, Miguel... I appreciate your help...
   - You're welcome... - he mumbles as he looks away and pulls me away quickly and runs his hand through his hair, he looks a bit nervous and blushing... - I hope you're feeling better...
   - I do...
   - Good... - he gets up - do you need anything else?
   - Where's the restroom..?
   - In the end of the corridor on the left.
   - Ok... - I mumble, get up and walk out of there, going to the restroom.