Public Eye

Just another late friday night for Bloody Mary, let's see if there's something weird happening around... The mirror which that octopus appeared had that symbol branded on fire on it, and the portal was still open... It must have some magical shit around, and someone or something with a connection with Baal is doing it... Now I'll have to go around the city closing portals..!
   I think I should tell this to Miguel... Speaking of him, where is he? Is he patrolling? I don't know...
   I've never been to Manhattan before... It's way too bright and crowded. It's sensory hell... I start feeling that weird sensation again... The death omen...
   I look up and see a familiar silhouette passing by fast. It's Spider-Man... Finally I can talk to him about what I've discovered! But, right after, a bunch of flying metal things pass by fast, they seems to be following Miguel... What did he do now?
   I follow him, teleporting in short distances while swings around with chains while trying to catch him but not to be seen by the guys in armous on the flying metal things. This place is getting full of cars. A mechanical and muffled voice shouts:
   - You cannot hide from the Public Eye, Spider-Man! You're surrounded! Surrender now!
   This is getting serious... I have an idea... I make some granedes out of blood, teleport to a higher place and throw them on those guys in armous. The bombs explode, and they fall behind. Hehe... I approach the spider guy, he looks at me and shouts:
   - What the shock are you doing here?! Run away, now!
   - I just have saved you! - I shout back - you should thank me!
   - You don't understand! You wouldn't like the Public Eye always on your back! - he shouts... Is he worried about me..? Os is he just being nice..?
   I fell that feeling again... I look behind and see other guys in armous coming, I look forward and see more of those guys coming... Shit!
   I look down, it seems like an endless dark abyss, my legs feel weak like spaghetti... This is suicidal, but it may work... I let go of the chains, free falling into that abyss. It's a feeling of freedom and brightness in my heart even though the dangerous situation I'm in...
   A few moments later, Spidey falls by my side trying to kick, punch and shoot some webs on the iron guys diving into the abyss with those iron horses, he's fast. He even jumps into them to attack.
   I create and throw other granedes on them, but this time they are shooting some shooting-start bullets. I dodge the shots, but one shiny bullet hits my right arm, near my elbow, it burns like burning alcohol on a open wound..! It bleeds a bit, so I turn the upside-down flowing blood into more granedes to throw on the evil knights, but it doesn't seem so efficient as before..!
   - I've told you wouldn't like these guys! - Miguel shouts.
   - Ok! You were right! - I should back - Can you not distract me during this life n' death thing?!
   - I'm always right! - he smugs loud. He's human. He was supposed to be afraid as hell of death! Is he crazy?!
   I have another idea... I teleport to behind those guys and throw more granedes on them, now they're falling helpless into the abyss. Then I feel that death omen again...
   I look behind and see a bigger iron guy riding on a bigger flying iron horse. Haha, I'm fucked...
   He dives faster, I quickly teleport myself to behind him, but this iron guy is too close to Spider-Man. He pins the spider guy against a building while diving in faster, Miguel groan in pain as he trys to break himself free. Shit! I turn some blood into a big square metal hammer, I whistle, the guy looks and me and I shout:
   - Watch out, you bucket head!
   The gravity pushes the hammer down fast, hitting the bucket head as he falls faster and away from the wall. But now it seems that I'm near the end of the abyss, there's little to no light and the fall is getting faster...
   I turn some blood into chains and warp it around a light pole upwards, helping to avoid my fall quickly as I hold them with my good arm, although Spidey is still falling..! Next, I hear a loud crashing noise on the depths of the abyss, I teleport closer to where the sound came. The place is much darker and smelly, the energy makes me feel unsafe... Like a pray hiding from a predator, fearing if the predator finds the hiding place...
   I look around, everything is dirty, dark and instable, hopeless... I see the hammer and a bunch of smashed metal pieces under it. Is Miguel ok?! He wouldn't survive this! I turn the hammer into blood, the red liquid spilling everywhere as I take metal pieces off the bodies under it.
   There're 2 bodies and one metal/plastic mannequin. One of the bodies is the bucket head, and the other is Miguel. I take him out of that, lie him on the ground, and check his breathing and heartbeat: He's breathing, and his heart is still beating. Thanks, he's still alive... It's one height less on my heart...
   I hear the soud of metal being moved, I look behind and see a lady with a baby in her arms trying to get something put of the metal mountain. I come closer to her, she notices me and steps back scared. I can understand her, I may look scary sometimes... I use my good arm and lift up the metal piece she was trying to lift. It's really heavy. She looks and me, goes near the metal thing and pulls out a bag. Next, I let the metal piece fall on the ground again and the woman asks with fear in her craking voice and watering eyes:
   - Please don't rob me, I'm just a poor mother with a child to feed, I-I...
   - Why would I do that? - I ask, her eyes wide a bit - I'm not that type of monster that steals from the poor to feed my own greed...
   - Thank you so much... - she says as tears fall from her eyes... What has she been though?
   I read her thoughts:
   - I don't like this, but I'll do what it's necessary for him... My child... I would die to put food on your plate, even if it's stolen...
   Oh... I can feel her... I know how it's like to be in this situation... be hopeless... always fearing the next day without knowing if you will be able to make it today or not... It reminds me of my times as a wanderer... If wasn't the charity and generosity of Gus, Carmilla, Asiman and Esther, I would be in this situation or maybe worst...
   I turn some blood into a dice of gold, I extend it to her and say:
   - Take it... You need this...
   - Thank you... - she grabs the golden dice with a smile among the tears and walks away, waving goodbye, I wave as well... I hope she gets in a better situation soon, but it's hard to get out of this, more to some people then to others... I was lucky... Very lucky...
   I run back to Miguel on the ground, he's still unconscious... Shit... I lift him up in my arms, he's kinda heavy, and look at his wrist, where there is this weird white watch that doesn't show the time. Then a small spectrum of a lady that's similar to Marilyn Monroe but with darker hair, big fur scarf and heart-shaped sunglasses appear near the watch's screen and says a bit worried:
   - Miguel, are you ok? Your personal bio says you have low brain activity and some muscle sprain specially on your back - she looks at me, glitches as she appears slyly farther away fom the screen and smiles - hello, annoying bloody lady! I'm Lyla, LYrate Lifeform Approximation, Miguel's assistance. It's a pleasure to meet you! How are you?
   - Leila..? - I mumble confused. What's this?! Is this a ghost or any spiritual thing?
   - It's Lyla, with an " y ", not Leila - she corrects annoyed.
   - Whatever, same shit - I sharply whisper - your little friend Miguel is unconscious and I need to know where his place is.
   - Oh, here it is - she pulls her arms up as a spectrum of a city map appears on the top of her. I'm in Downtown (the name matches the place) and Miguel' house is the 88th apartment at Babylon Towers, in Manhattan, which is pretty close...
   - Ok... I'll be there soon... - I say, Leila nods in response and vanishes. I take the pocket mirror out of my pocket with some struggle (Miguel doesn't help in anything), throw it on the ground, open a portal on the mirror and get sucked into the glass.