Burn

It's Bloody Mary time!
   I saw those Public Eye guys earlier while patrolling, I need to me more careful now. I don't wanna get caught here.
   What happened yesterday with Dante and Nabeshima really made me sad. Life is already hard for an ordinary vampire in a western country, imagine for someone who struggled like Dante... And watching important people for you die while you keep living forever... Their faces still shine like stars in my memories...
   And there's also Nabeshima's crime... I couldn't help remember that day... The day that I fucked up the rest of my existence... If I could go back in time, I would have done different... Even though my hands are clen, the hypocrite blood is still there... Forever...
   I was an angel... But I flew too high and lost my halo... Now what remains is a blood halo, the blood of guilt... The blood of trauma... The blood of a sinner... The blood of a fallen angel...
   I should really focus more on looking for any possible dangers than doing depressive monologs inside my head. I'm not Hamlet.
   After swinging around Manhattan for a while, I end up close to a very tall skyscraper, almost as tall as Babel's Tower, touching the clouds with a shiny big logo on its side: " Alchemax "... I shouldn't be here, if the Public Eye sees me, I'm screwed. But how high this construction could get is really impressive. Its windows look like mirros, and it also has some plants on some floors.
   Miguel said he worked here, I would say a hello if I saw him around. Speaking of him, he also said he wishes he could get out of there, although he can't. If I were him, I would do something that would make them kick myself out, like setting fire on the building..! I'm so smart, why didn't I suggest him that?
   Then I start to feel the death omen, and there're crows flying around the building... Something bad is about to happen and I'm here to avoid it. But what is it..?
   Out of nowhere, my ring starts vibrating, I click on the big square and a hologram with what looks like a calling from Miguel appears. I accept it and Miguel's voice starts saying worried:
   - Selene, where are you?
   - At Manhattan, near Alchemax... Are you at that building?
   - Yes, and I... - he pauses for a brief moment - I need your help here.
   - What happened?
   - Come here and I'll explain you everything, I'm at the 88th floor... Can you use the glass from the windows as a portal?
   - If it's like those mirrors that you can see though one side, yes.
  - You can use them. Be fast - he turns off the call. Now I'm much more worried about what could be happening there.
   I go to a building next to Alchemax's, it's still pretty much far away, I cannot teleport without falling on the way or passing out right after... Plus, there're those Public Eye guys patrolling... I have an idea...
   I turn some blood into a very long rope and an arrow, I knot the arrow on the tip of the rope and knot the other tip of the rope on a metal spotlight near me. I turn some more blood into an arch and shoot the arrow on one of the gaps between windows. Yes!
   Now it's the hardest part: Get there. I was able to shoot on a lower level, so gravity can make my way a bit faster. I hope they don't see me in the midway. I turn more blood into a leather band, put it around the rope, and hold it as hard as I can. I take a deep breath, wait until I don't see anyone from the Public Eye near, and jump off the rooftop.
   I slide down through the rope like a zipline, looking around to check if the Public Eye guys aren't near. When I'm close enough to the mirror, I put my feet on the front of my body, almost like was sitting but with my feet on the wall without a wall, and I pass through the mirror like it was water, slowing down as I enter on the zero gravity mirrored world like I was diving in a pool.
   Great! But now I'm afraid of what kind of mirrors they have on the bathroom and what has behind them... Anyways... I enter in another mirror, but I almost fall from an enormous high. The city looks like a miniature from here, there are some clouds below and the air is also colder.
   I turn some more blood into a gun and shoot a window next to me, the glass burst into millions of fragments and I slowly enter. I look around, it's a corridor pretty much white with some metal pieces on some places. It's pretty lame. They could have afforded a better interior designer, but no..!
   There are many glass fragments on the floor. It will be very helpful. I grab some and put them in my pockets.
   I hear some noise coming from the other side of a octagonal metal door with almost the size of the wall on the end of the corridor. Next to it, there's some small square hologram, I shoot it and the door opens.
   On the other corridor there's Miguel on his hero costume and some of those metal guys unconscious on the ground. He looks at me and says sarcastically:
   - Finally...
   - We don't have time for your jokes, tell me what shit is happening.
   - Here - he shows a hologram of a gigant fire snake burning some sort of underground level.
   - Oh shit...
   - I'm trying to get there, but these guys don't like me very much and tired to stop me - he points his head to the unconscious guys on the ground - So I stopped them first... - I would do that as well.
   - Anyways... Are there any mirror near where that weird fire serpentine is?
   - On the restrooms, but they're a few floors upwards - the hologram shows the map of the building with a red dot on the the 20th floor on the underground level.
   - Alright... - I grab his wrist, step on some random fragment and we both get sucked into it.
   - Wait! What?! - Miguel shouts shocked as we enter in the mirrored world - where the shock are we?!
   - This is the Mirror World, Miguel - I respond - how I go from one place to another sometimes.
   - You can go anywhere? - he looks around.
   - If I have the location or in random, yes - I put my hand on another mirror and pass through it, entering on a dark restroom, I can smell the fire - in which floor is the fire snake?
   - 26th underground floor, but we have to be careful, the Public Eye is everywhere.
   - Oh, yes... Alchemax's property... - I mumble.
   - Come on! - he runs out of the restroom, I follow him as fast as I can. He's extremely fast, I even have to teleport sometimes in order to keep up with him.
   - How did it all happen? - I ask as we run thought the corridor.
   - It started with an invasion - Miguel explains - but no one could see who invaded, only the thermal cameras, and then the burning gigant snake appeared on the 23th undergroud floor, where most of the power generators are, burning everything. Almost the entire building run out of power and now I have to solve this shocking situation.
   - Damn... - I mumble - did anyone get hurt?
   - As far as I know, no - I sigh reliefed. Good... At least that... - but we have to be fast, if one floor burns out completely, the entire building will collapse.
   - Got it...
   We continue running until we reach the emergency stairs, where we enter fast, but we cross paths with some of those iron guys. They didn't give us another opinion...
   Miguel immediately jumps into them, shooting webs and hitting them, I dodge their attacks, create chains, and use them to get rid of their guns while I shoot them with mine. After all of them are defeated, unconscious on the ground, another group of the Public Eye appears, coming from the lower floor.
   - Don't they get tired of this?! - I shout.
   - Those stupid pawns can play this mouse and cat game forever! - Miguel shouts as he attacks them again.
   I get rid of their guns using the chains again, but I run out of bullets, so I kick their head and hit their heads against the wall hard although this time was harder because of the metal helmets.
   - I hate these guys! - I shout.
   - It's inevitable! - Miguel shouts back. There're more coming from the upper floor, I can hear their steps... I have an idea...
   After all of those bucket heads are unconscious on the ground, I grab one of the fragments in my pocket, throw it on the ground, grab one of Miguel's wrist quickly and step on the mirror and get sucked into it.
   - What are you doing?! - Miguel exclaims as we get into the mirrored world.
   - Trying not to get caught - I respond - now it's just wait...
   - I'm not used to this mirror thing - he looks around.
   - It's just a matter of time, Miguel - I mumble - believe me.
   - If you say so... - he comments - when do we know they're gone?
   - Intuition - I replie - in the worst case, they would have a jumpscare and shoot my brains out.
   - We cannot wait forever - he complains - the Public Eye wasted a lot of our precious time and...
   - I'm trying to be fast, ok? - I interrupt while looking at him angrily, he doesn't say anything. I look away and sigh - fuck... - I don't like when people rush me.
   I pass my head through the mirror and look around the stairs, there's no one and I can't hear any steps. I get out the fragment and pull Miguel out with me. I grab the fragment on the ground and we both start run until we reach the door to the 26th floor.
   We pass through the door, we see the gigant burning serpent, its scales shine like lava. It's so hot in here, like Hell, I feel like a chicken burning while being cocked in Hell fire. The creature just moves around trying to find an exit to the floor, burning the metal walls, which melt like butter, and there are more of those guys on the other side of the gigant room... Not again...
   - Oh great... - Miguel mumbles.
   - Any ideas, smart-ass? - I ask him.
   - I'm thinking... - he responds pissed as he looks at a hologram poping-up above his watch - this is the entrance of Alchamax Shadow Division, probably only Patel and her co-workers know what there's after this floor...
   - So we will have to use the surprise element... - I smirk prepare my granedes and chains (they from normally... it shouldn't happen considering the temperature...).
   - Try not to be turned into charcoal this time - he says a bit sarcastic, I chuckle slyly as we jump into action.
   I teleport to near the serpentine and throw a granede on its head, it explodes much more intensity than the usual. Miguel tries to come closer to the snake, but he always get away and move closer again and again, it's way too hot in there...
   I turn my chains into an ax, teleport myself to above the snake's head and hit the ax on its head, but the weapon melts like ice as it hits the burning reptile's head. WHAT?! This is beyond my knowledge in magic..! I teleport to a platform on a higher level and look at the ax. Damn... I look at the Public Eye guys, their armors and guns are melting as well, and the plasma bullets don't seem to have any effect on the snake.
   - I think we'll have to kill it with my bare hands... Haha, I'm fucked... - I mumble.
   It's hard to breathe under the mask, it's like a deadly saune and the air burns my nostrils such as the smell of hot metal. My hair is dripping sweat through the bangs.
   I look at Miguel, he's trying to fight with the snake face to face, trying to hurt its face with his talons. I can see the inside of the snake's mouth doesn't seem to burn... I have an idea...
   I teleport to near the creature and try to enter inside its wide mouth, it's the size of the insides of a small car, but the creature snatches Miguel as he comes closer to attack and ingestes both of us.
   - Holy fuck!!! - I shout as we dive into the serpentine's insides.
   - What the shock was that?! - Miguel shouts.
   He uses his talons to stop the fall, digging his claws into the snake's inner walls as he grabs me by my waist, avoiding my fall. He looks at me, our faces are really close to one another... This gives me a little shock in my stomach, I have to admit, I haven't felt that type of touch in a while. It's not the best time for this.
   - Did you want to kill yourself? Or do we have the same plan? - he asks.
   - I think we have the same plan. Death was only one of the possible consequences.
   - At least here is much colder... - he looks around.
   - Yeah... - I mumble as I create a chainsaw and smirk - this will be funny...
   - Oh, you little morbid bloodthirsty... - he chuckles huskly. I kinda like that...
   I put the chainsaw against the meat walls and turn it on, gray blood flows everywhere as a hole opens, reveling the light of the room in fire. The creature moves in pain, Miguel jumps out of the snake's insides as I finish to cut the serpent in half and teleport to out of it, coverd in blood. Even though the temperature of the room didn't change, it seems like it's colder...
   Then the two parts I cutted apart reunite and heal alone, looking like nothing happened as the flames burn higher. Fuck you, you shitty snake!
   I look at the Public Eye soldiers, their armors are still melting, but I my hands, coverd with the gray liquid of life, don't feel as hot as those helmets...
   - Blood... Blood is the key..! - I mumble.
   I get one of the fragments out of my pocket, it's really hot in a way that is almost burning my hand. Be strong, Selene, it'll be worth it... I cover the mirror with the creature's blood, I teleport myself to near the snake and throw the fragment against it, the creature gets sucked into it, disappearing.
   - Finally it's over! - I shout gladly.
   - Don't celebrate yet, the Public Eye is sill here! - Miguel shouts as he starts to attack those guys on a plataform in a upper level.
   Then I feel the dead omen again... It's much stronger than the usual, such a frightening feeling... I look around, but there's no one new there... Is that a ghost..? Or Baal..? Or... Someone else..?
   BANG!