Chapter 9. Whispers of the Wind: Lawrence's Awakening.

The day after his father recounted his adventures, Lawrence woke up filled with thoughts of turbulent rivers, dense forests, and mysterious caves, as described by Victor. However, he faced a problem—he was too young to embark on a real adventure. But that couldn't curb his curious mind.

After a breakfast filled with warmth and family camaraderie, Lawrence asked Loren to take him out to the garden again. Hearing this, Victor decided to join them. It was an excellent opportunity to show his son some basics of magic in practice, as they had only discussed it the night before.

- "Lawrence, today I'll show you how to control the air,"
Said Victor, leading his son to the edge of the garden where the wind played lightly with the tree branches.

Victor stood, closed his eyes, and slowly raised his hand. Mana Particles began to gather around it, creating air currents that slightly swayed the plants around.

- "Watch closely, Lawrence. It all starts with concentration and envisioning what you want to do with the element. You must feel the air as a part of you,"
Victor explained.

Lawrence watched intently, trying to catch every detail.

Victor closed his eyes and concentrated. Absorbing Mana Particles, he channeled them into his Mana Core through the Mana Channels. Having absorbed enough Mana Particles, Victor opened his eyes, and in his palm, light-green Particles began to form. From these particles, he formed an Air Sphere, which he brought close to Lawrence for a better look.

Lawrence, examining the Sphere, thought,
- "Recalling all that was written in the old books I studied in Father's study, the Sphere looks standard. Its size is medium, probably made so not to scare me. The concentration of particles is a bit weak, making the sphere unstable. But still, Father tried."
Exclaiming with delight, Lawrence joyfully looked at his father.

- "Now you try!"
Victor said, clenching his fist, and the sphere dissolved into the air.

Lawrence concentrated as his father had, closed his eyes, and with an image of the Air Sphere in mind, he raised his little hand and created a sphere identical to Victor's. Opening his eyes, Lawrence looked at his father and, just like him, clenched his fist to make the sphere disappear.

- "What????"
Victor exclaimed, flailing his arms in amazement.
- "Loren! Did you see that?? Lawrence managed to awaken his Mana Core!!! And on his first try!!!"
Victor shouted joyfully, looking at Lawrence and then at Loren.
- "We must tell Eris about this right away!"
Victor said excitedly and ran towards the house.

Loren sat down next to Lawrence and said:
- "Lawrence, I suspected you had magical abilities, but I could never have imagined you'd be able to create an 'Air Sphere' with such ease! You're simply a genius!"

Lawrence and Loren spent the entire morning in the garden, where Loren tried to help Lawrence with the basics of elemental magic. Later, Victor, who had failed to bring Eris out to the garden, joined them on a blanket, inspired by his son's talent, and talked about different types of magic, magical creatures, and how adventurers use their skills on their journeys.

After lunch, as the sun began to set, Lawrence, full of new knowledge and impressions, fell asleep in his cradle. Victor and Eris, left alone, exchanged smiles.

- "He will be a great mage," Victor said softly, gently closing the door to Lawrence's room.

- "And a great person," added Eris, taking her husband's hand. "We will raise him to be not only strong but also kind."

Thus ended another day in the Hans household, full of learning and family warmth, reinforcing the belief that each new morning brings new opportunities for learning and growth.