Nine

Dalia Debarah Farid's POV

Maria asked me about my experiences before she got here. I can't help but to be sad and feel lonely whenever I have to say or go back to what happened before. They never want me here, they never let me blend in or fit in with them because for them, I'm a nobody. 

I ran down the stairs when I found out from Ms. Juliette that a lady like me has arrived! Finally, I have someone to talk to and bond to. I'm so excited, I can't wait to meet her! When I arrived at the end of the stairs, there's General Natalia Vorkov with a girl wearing a black dress with a white sweater on top. She also have a teddy on her hand and a suitcase beside her. 

"Is she just like me, General?" I said while smiling so wide at them. I'll have chat mates and probably my new best friend!

"Yes, Arah. Are you excited to give her a tour around here? Is that okay with you?" General Vorkov asked me, she's also smiling at me. I looked at the girl before responding.

"Okay! Are we gonna start now?" I said and looked at Ms. Juliette who gave me a thumbs up. We've been talking about this for weeks now and now, it's happening! I  finally have a companion!

"No, not yet, Arah. Shiyea needs to rest for awhile since she just had a long ride going here. Maybe you guys can start tomorrow? Are you free tomorrow?" General Vorkov said and waited for my answer. 

I looked at Juliette who's already beside me right now. "Am I free tomorrow, Ms. Juliette?" I whispered to her and smiled at the new arrived girl who's just staring at me the whole time.

"You said you're going to go to the farm to plant some vegetables, Lady Arah. But your afternoon is totally free so I guess you have free time?" She also whispered to me. I nodded. 

"I'm free at noon." I said and smiled at them again. "That's great, noon it is." General Vorkov said. 

"Btw, this is Zishiyea Kuzmin. She's from Russia." The General introduced Zishiyea to me so I smiled but she just stared at me. So my smile became awkward overtime. 

"I, Shiyea. Eto Arah, ona takoy zhe kandidat v printsessy, kak i ty. ty khochesh' pozdorovat'sya?" (And, Shiyea. This is Arah, she is a princess candidate just like you. do you want to say hello?) I frowned when I heard General Vorkov spoke to ZIshiyea using what I think is russian? Because they are both russian and they understood each other? Me and Ms. Juliette both looked at each other, confused!

"Net, spasibo." (No, thank you.) Zishiyea said in a monotonous tone while still looking at me with her straight face like I'm a statue in a museum. She's kinda weird but it's fine, it's better than nothing, right? 

"Ty grubyy." (You are rude) General Vorkov said while laughing. Zishiyea just shrugged her shoulders and finally removed her eyes from me, I saw how she rolled her eyes to me before she look at something else. She's now walking around the area, her eyes are roaming the whole place. 

"I'll leave her to you now, Ms. Robert. You know what you need to do." General said to Ms. Juliette before leaving Zishiyea to us. 

"Does she know how to speak english, my lady?" Ms. Juliette whispered. I said I don't know. She doesn't looks like she's going to talk to me so I left without saying goodbye to the new arrived girl.

The next day, after I finished planting the vegetables I chose to plant, I went to the kitchen area to drink some water to get refreshed since the sun is so up right now outside and the weather is so hot and I'm wearing a long sleeve and gloves that made it hotter.