Four

Theia Ellise Thomas's POV

I looked at her innocent face before turning my head in front. I looked at my phone and dialed her number. It only rang two times before she finally answered.

"She's asleep." I said in a monotonous tone while looking at the cars in front of us. We are in the middle of traffic again, why is there always a traffic here in Manila? It's so annoying.

"Great, take good care of her. Any scar or bruise would be a big problem if ever. You better make sure your men didn't forced her that much to cause a bruise anywhere on her body." She said from another line. I looked at her sleeping face again and scanned her whole body. She's now covered in blanket with a pillow on each of her side to make sure her head won't hit anywhere. There's also two men sitting on each of her side to maintain her safety and more men behind her.

I faced infront again before answering her.

"It was brutal to make her sit in the van. I'm not sure if she's easy to bruise. And she screamed a lot when we are trying to get her in the car. She panicked so hard that I think she hit her head somewhere on the top of the van." I said and opened the bottled water beside me. I'm drinking the water while waiting for her to respond. I know she'll not be pleased to know that we didn't calm her down immediately.

"I told you to calm her down and talked to her to calm her down. Am I not clear about that earlier, Miss Thomas? I also told you to avoid forcing her and you might hurt her while forcing her, right?" I can hear the anger in her voice although she's trying her best not to make it obvious.

"You did, it's just--" I didn't finished my sentence when someone interrupted me from another line.

"You heard her, she said she was panicking so hard and you also saw how she tried so hard to fight back before they got her in, right? It wasn't her fault that she fought back so hard." I heard Basti's voice from the other line. He's trying to get me out of the situation again. Psh.

"She was scared, Mr. Lambert. She was scared and she is being kidnapped. How do you think she will act? Happy? Stop defending her, you two are indeed best friends, you both don't think so much in times like this. Use your brain and not your freaking heart. If you will keep doing things like this then being part of this team wasn't for you, we are here to give protection and safety that they need. Wasn't that what we promised to do so? Think, Lambert. And you, Thomas you better train your men better. In that way, they can properly execute their jobs." She hangs up the call without even saying goodbye. I let out a deep sigh before looking in the window.

"Are they're not satisfied, Madam?" I heard one of my men spoke up. They didn't hear what we talked about because I'm wearing a ear buds but they knew me too well to know that we are in trouble.

"No." I simply said while still looking out in the window. "Can someone check if she has any bruise?" I added.

"I'll check." The man sitting on her right side named John said.

I watched him checked her arms and feet on the rear view mirror. And when he was done, he looked up to me.

"No bruise." He said. I nodded at him and called General Lopez again.

"No bruises." I said as she answered my call.

"Good. We'll meet you at the airport." This time I'm the one who hangs up. I didn't even said okay or see you later to her.

She can just do the job herself but she told me to do it instead and when I messed it up, it'll become my entirely fault? It wasn't for me, I was just helping her! So unfair.