39

Early in the morning, Evelyn woke up, with a slight stinging pain in her arm. She rapidly sat up and pulled up her left black sleeve revealing the reddish mark.

She tried to touch it but quickly put her hand away as the mark was red hot. Why was it hurting? She looked back down at the mark and this time she carefully decided to scrutinize the mark.

The green skull with a snake sneaking out from its mouth. She hated having to look at it, she sighed once again knowing there was no way she could get rid of the mark. She was marked forever, her mind went back circling to her father's thoughts.

She must finish the deal. She must kill Dumbledore, but how? She could barely use a defense spell on someone yet a killing curse.
"Is everything alright?" She heard Luna's voice coming into the room. She quickly pulled down her sleeve, she nodded.

"You look a bit worried. Was Pete bothering you in your sleep once again? I told Bowtruckle to keep quiet and to stop bothering us at night. Well actually, I don't remember telling him that. I'm sorry " apologized Luna as slightly swung her hips to the side and played with her fingers.

"I'm fine" she signed.
"Okay then." She said at last before her eyes began to wander around the room as she stood frozen in the middle of the room.

"L-luna" she called out to her softly. She shifted her gaze towards her, "Yes?" She asked her voice high pitched but yet soft as a feather.

"Thest-s-strals," she stuttered. Luna's eyes lit up and she began clamping her hands repeatedly. "Oh yes. I would love to. I'm going to get some apples and meat from the great hall. Will be right back" she said at last before scurrying away.

Evelyn placed the red apple on the ground and took a couple of steps backward. She patiently let the creature in front of her crawl to the food on the floor.

It carefully sniffed it and looked at its surroundings before picking it up and chewing it. Evelyn let out a big smile, Luna smiled back at her and stood next to her.
"Now that I've come to think about this. I've missed this quite a lot." She said.

Me too.
"Wunderpus is pregnant. I probably shouldn't be saying this since I haven't asked for permission but I'm sure they don't mind. She's getting closer" explained Luna.

Her eyes widened, as she looked to the far left, Wunderpus lay on the floor. Just then she was able to notice her tummy bigger than usual.
"You should go see her. She's been thinking about you" said Luna and she wasted no time in making her way to the pregnant creature.

Evelyn sat next to the Thestrals, the big creature snarled next to her and laid her head on the ground. She let out another snarl and rolled to her side revealing her big round tummy, she took a small price of red meat and fed her.

Evelyn took it as permission for her to touch her stomach. She carefully slid her hand to her stomach, closed her eyes, and concentrated on the small creatures growing inside.

Then she heard it, one, two, but three heartbeats beating after another, and a smile formed on the girl's lips. They were healthy and eager to burn, and she was able to hear the creatures fighting inside the tummy.

They're healthy, she signed.
Wunder let out a big groan as she was in distress. It's okay just give it more some time and it'll all be worth it. She smiled.
"I knew I'd find you here," said that old familiar voice. She lifted her gaze and saw Lucas standing there, he looked taller, he's hair was longer as well.

The girl quickly stood up and hugged the boy whom she hadn't seen in a long time. "How are you?" She signed.
"Well I've been pretty busy with all the studying, I believe that goes the same for you isn't it?" He walked closer.