35. THE BITTER TRUTH

Hey guys.
Here is the next chapter ✨
Please don't forget to comment and vote.
Happy reading ❤️

It was 6 in the morning and Virat was already awake . When he turned to his right, he saw Anushka sleeping peacefully in his arms. One of her hands were wrapping his waist and her head was almost on top of his chest.

He slowly tried to remove her hands when he remembered what she said yesterday. She wanted him to sleep with her till she wakes up . But he had to go to gym. So he thought he'll rest today and convince her from tomorrow.

He slowly turned to her side and glanced at her beautiful face. She looked at so much ease. How he wished he could keep her as happy as this forever. But he failed, he failed to fulfill his own promise. He was utterly confused about his feelings for her. His heart wants her but his mind is stopping him from loving her again.

He took his hands and caressed her hair. Her hair was falling all over her face . He gently moved it with his fingers and tucked it behind her ear.
She shrugged by his touch and moved closer to him in sleep.

Anushka had started getting flashbacks about their moments of love, the way they got closer, their intimate moments. She was no more uncomfortable with him. She took her hands from his hip and snaked it on his neck . She pulled him closer to her and his face crashed on her.

She slowly opened the eyes and he was so close to her that their nose was almost touching. His brown orbs were glimmering due to the sunlight from the window. She always fell for it. He too was staring at her as if he wanted to express something.

She slowly cupped his face with one hand and went closer to his cheeks to kiss him. But he abruptly moved back and broke the moment. She still didn't take off the hands from his face and gave a frowning expression. He took her hands off from his face and turned to lay down straight.

Anushka had questions in her mind. She was sure that he was doing it because she's not comfortable. She was proceeding to ask when suddenly his phone rang. He got a good reason to get up from there. He got up and took the phone.

"Hello, Good morning Virat" Nisha was on the other end.

"Haan good morning. Bolo" he said rubbing his face.

"Virat, I need to talk to you " she said.

"Ya, go ahead " he replied.

"Nhi, aise nhi. I want to meet you in person" she sounded low.

"Sab theek hai na. You can come here" he noticed her voice getting disturbed.

"No, can you come to my house. Actually wahaan Anushka hai na, she might not feel good. So please can you?" She asks in hope.

He paused for a while and then answers " Haan, I'll come in 20 minutes" .

"Thank you" she was relieved.

He kept the phone and looked at Anushka who was still staring at him.
"Anu, look at the time, it's close to 9. I can't sleep like this everyday. I have to go to gym at 6. If you want to wake up with me, you'll have to wake up at 6" he tells her straight.

"Ok , I'll come to the gym with you from tomorrow" she said with no expression on her face. He smiled at her adorable remark.

"Actually, I have to go out. I'll come back in some time, can you look after Ved for some time...or I'll take him with-" he was cut in between.

"No, I'll take care of my baby. You go" she said immediately.

"Thank you" he said in relief. But she frowned at him.