6 WHEN THE PATHS CROSSED

Mumbai

Anushka POV

As I opened my eyes in the morning, I found myself in my bed covered in a blanket. I was sleeping in the opposite direction.

I tried to sit up, but my head was so heavy that I fell back again.

'ahh, how did I end up here. My head is hurting ' I was talking to myself.

Somehow I got up and sat at the edge of the bed. I spotted a men's handkerchief on the floor. And my sandles were also on top of my table .

What the heck happened here . I remembered I had installed a CCTV near the door.

I immediately checked what happened. What I saw made me weak on the knees.

Virat was carrying a drunken me on one hand and my heels on the other. And wait, why am I wearing his shoes.

The more I thought about it, the more my head hurt .

I thought I'll call him. I dialled his number and he didn't pick the call.
I called once again and he picked it.

'Hello Virat' - I was excited as he picked , but there was no response.

'Virat are you there?' I asked again.

'hmm bolo' he sounded very serious.

'where are you ' I asked

"Delhi" he was giving straight answers.

"Lekin tum khush nhi lag rahe ho" I tried to pull his leg.

"Why did you call me" he wasn't in the mood.

"Virat I'm sorry for last night" I apologised.

"Really? Do you remember what happened yesterday?" He asked curiously.

"Ya. I bothered you. You had to carry me to my room, I made you hold my heels. I'm sorry" I told him by what I saw in CCTV.

"Is that all you remember?" He questioned again.

"Ya. Why? Is there anything else" I got tensed

He paused for a second and said "Not really, you were extremely drunk last night"

"I'm feeling it. My head is hurting" I answered holding my head.

"Will you do me a favour and stop drinking? I mean, for yourself. It will be healthy for your body and others around you" he advised.

"I'm not a drunkard, it's just occasional" I wasn't amused by his advice.

"That's cool. I was just sharing my opinion. Rest on you" he added.

"Is there anything else or can I cut the call" he was very cold throughout the conversation.

"Okay Virat, bye. Take care" I said and he immediately cut the call.

What happened to this guy? He was all happy and fun when he was here, now he's being so rude. Is there anything that happened yesterday that I don't know, I wondered.

Delhi

Virat POV

I didn't wanted to talk to her like that .
It hurt me as much as it might've hurt her. But if I told her the whole incident, she might never talk to me. And if I was expected to behave normally, it was not possible to forget everything in 1 night.

I left to New Zealand and there was not a day I didn't think of her. She had left such a lasting impression on me. Everyday I opened her chat and proceeded to message but stopped myself and close it.