33. THE DARK PAST

Here's the next chapter, please don't forget to leave comments 😍

The next day when she woke up, there was tea and breakfast on her table. She freshened up and sat infront of the breakfast. The breakfast looked delicious but she didn't feel like having it alone. She sat with a moody face.

Someone knocked on the open door. When she looked up, it was Virat. She adjusted her top and sat up.

"May I come in?" He asked with a welcoming tone.

"Ya" she said immediately.

He sat by dragging a chair near to the bed. " So .. you didn't like the breakfast?" He asked pointing to the food.

"Umm No, I don't want to have it alone. Why are you all treating me like a patient? Why can't I eat with everyone at the dining table?" She said with a sad frown.

"You can. Actually I did this, so that you don't have to walk that far. The doctor said that you need rest. It's better you have it here" he told her softly.

"NO. You don't advice me what to do ! I'm not a kid. And I don't want this" she said that and swayed her hand which unknowingly hit the plate on the table and the food fell over him. But there was no regret on her face.

She was really testing his patience. The old Virat wouldn't have said or did a word against her, but now she was really getting on his nerves. He gave a death stare and took a deep breath to control his emotions.

He was slowly re-learning to be patient and kind. The past year has been really hard on him , his family friends and Nisha have seen the worst side of him. He gets disturbed by little things, so these things were very big issue for him.

But she can't be blamed, she was still recovering from her condition. The doctor had already advised not to take whatever she said to heart. He did so.

He silently picked up the food from the floor and went out to clean himself. Now Anushka felt guilty of her actions. He came back without the food and stood infront of her with a straight face.

"If you want I can help you to the dining table. We'll have it there. " He said with a long face.

She was a bit terrified by his body language. She had already disturbed him enough for the day. She silently gave her hand and he led her to the dining .

They had their breakfast there with her mother. The breakfast was a silent one, none of them spoke. Anushka was looking around.

"I..want to see the baby" she said out of the blue.

"You are not ready for it" he said immediately.

"I know, but I just want to see him, once..." She asked again.

Virat continued having his breakfast and left the place when he finished it. Anushka was feeling annoyed by his behaviour. He walked past the table and went to the room to bring the baby out.

Anushka got up in excitement. She walked slowly towards Virat who was holding the sleeping baby. She looked at him and she was astonished how much the baby looked like her. But his eyes were exactly like Virat. She caressed his head slowly.

There was a strange feeling inside her, she could feel that connection faintly. Yet, she wasn't completely ready to take up the mother's role. There were a lot of blank pages in her life. unless she filled it, she won't be able to move on.

Virat could see the love and confusion in her eyes. He didn't want to keep the baby away. But she was definitely not ready for this. The more she sees him, the more she'll feel guilty. So he told her and took the baby back to the room.