4🥀 - Persuasion

Start from the beginning

Ragini's pov-
I was sitting in the library thinking what To do now, this was my comfort place where I could escape the reality for a little while and enjoy, let my imagination run wild and get lost in this. I was busy wondering what to do next, that was when Moti came and stood next to me she was trying to catch her breath and I knew that she was trying to look for me but I am upset from her as well and I won't talk to her, she kept things from me, she was like a best friend to me and she didn't even consider telling me what was happening under my nose, I trusted her...
She tried to talk to me but I ignored her completely

"Bai-sa please don't get upset I was asked by rajaji to not tell you anything before he tells you about it. please listen to me . I couldn't disobey his orders"

"Still, Moti you should have told me about it. You're my friend not his!" I was pissed, why would she keep a secret from me she was my best friend. At least I would have some time to digest it but guess what I am getting married in a month! and let alone knowing him I don't even know how he looks? I mean looks aren't that important but he  should atleast be average right? what if he looks like a man-eater 

Suddenly she started crying asking for my forgiveness and I felt so bad, even though she kept it from me I can't see her crying, she's my best friend"

"Heyy shhh! Why are you crying I am not upset look, I was just disappointed, pls don't cry Moti, next time Don't hide anything from me okay?"

"Ji Bai-sa"

"Ekant" a sharp voice followed inside everyone started to empty the room

"Bhai-sa! pranam" I knew he would come to meet me after the meeting, he can never see me this way. Especially not in tears but I didn't want to talk to him anymore.

"Leave the formalities Ragini, what's with the behavior, since when have 'you' started being so stubborn?"
I lowered my gaze feeling sad as tears made their way down my face. It was a big decision for me, my whole life will depend on some 'aaditya'. How can all my love ideologies break away, that too this way around.

"Hey! Wait Don't cry Ragini. Sit ,I have to tell you Something Listen to me first and even then if you think this is wrong We'll call off the marriage okay"
I just nodded my head in agreement. He crouched down near me after making me sit on the chair he continued

"I know you came across all of this so suddenly but I'll explain you everything in detail okay.
Few months back Bhairav Singh Rathore - the current king of Pratapgarh visited bapusa for a meeting and when he saw you he really appreciated your values and etiquettes and a few days back we received a letter from him after the meet, he wanted you to marry his younger brother Aaditya Singh Rathore, And Bapusa willingly agreed as he always found him respectful and he is well known for his dedication towards his duties and responsibilities. He is a good person Ragini, even I've talked to him a few times at business meetings as his kingdom has a major trade through us and vice-versa.
You know today When you'd burst into the room there was someone else present as well. Do you know who he was?"

"No Bhai-sa" I shake my head in denial

"He was prince Aaditya"
I froze on the spot, I think I'm about to be dead right fucking now... I denied to marry him in front of him, that's why he looked at me that way as if I was talking about HIM because I WAS DEFINITELY TALKING ABOUT HIM!!
Ohh godd why am I so stupid!! I mentally slap myself for pulling this stupid stunt, what would he think of me?

"I'm so sorry Bhai-sa, I didn't mean to cause a scene and embarrass you-"

"It's okay Ragini, sometimes things happen and we are not able to get hold of our feelings and I know You're well aware of your mistakes But be careful of your surroundings everytime whether it is about fighting or keeping forward your point you should be aware always and about your marriage I understand your feelings but we will never want anything bad for you Aaditya bahut hi ache ladke hai humara sujhav toh yahi hai ki aapko haa kar deni chaiye, aise rishte baar baar nhi aate hmm? Aapko kya lagta hai?"
(Aaditya is a good man and I would suggest you to say yes, we Don't get good proposals every now and then)