13🥀 - Ragini's Mindblowing idea

Ragini's pov-

I quickly step outside as soon as he moves a bit away, placing my hand on my chest to calm my racing heartbeats. What just happened? We were incredibly close, our faces mere inches apart. At first, he caught me avoiding him, and then he saw through my fabricated excuse about jiji calling me at this hour. I can't believe how foolish I've been, can't even come up with a good excuse in front of him. It feels like I loose my senses when he is near me as if I've lost the ability to speak and move

But then, he mentioned he enjoyed the kheer I'd made specially for him and even gave me a precious gift - his Mother's earrings. They hold immense sentimental value as one of the last belongings they have from her. He thought of giving them to me and gently locked them in place himself. The warmth and kindness of everyone here make me miss my family back home, but being here feels like being a part of the family I never had and always longed for. I don't feel out of place at all.

After the eventful evening, we sit down for dinner, the atmosphere still buzzing with the lingering excitement. The meal is filled with laughter and shared stories, creating a sense of closeness that warms my heart. Eventually, the night settles in, and we prepare for bed. He graciously offers to sleep on the couch while I take the bed.

As I lie there, restless and lost in my thoughts, I wonder if there's a chance for my romantic dreams to come true. Could he feel the same way about me in the future? Is it possible for our relationship to blossom into something akin to the enchanting tales of fairies? Like the ones they have in my books where he would give up the world for her.

The uncertainty keeps me tossing and turning, my anklets and other ornaments softly jingling as I shift.

He somehow senses my unease and gently suggests,
"It's late, Ragini,you should sleep now."
His words break the cycle of my restless musings, and I manage a soft reply,

"Ji hukum."
I attempt to settle into a more peaceful state, hoping that sleep will find me and bring clarity to my thoughts.

...........🥀...........

I wake up quietly, careful not to disturb his peaceful slumber. Slowly, tip-toeing towards the restroom to freshen up, striving to minimize any noise that might interrupt his rest.

I came back to the room after getting dressed, and I find him dressed and ready to face the day. Perhaps he dressed in another room like yesterday. I watch his back as he engrosses himself in a file, scrolls scattered beside him on the nearby desk. Suddenly, his hand goes to his neck and shoulder, a subtle sign of discomfort or a possible sprain.

Guilt washes over me as I realise he's experiencing this discomfort likely because he slept on the couch to accommodate me, The couch is Not big enough for him to fit in comfortably.
I open my mouth to say something, to express my concern and remorse, but before I can utter a word, he turns abruptly and exits without even glancing my way. It's as if a barrier exists, blocking any words I might have said to him. 

I am left standing there, grappling with a mix of emotions—guilt, confusion, and a growing desire to bridge the distance that seems to have emerged between them.
I engross my self into other things at the palace and spending time with jiji while she gives me a little tour of the palace and there are a few corridirs and rooms which she said were under renovation and that i should probably go there with hukum when it is completed.

.......🥀.......
[One week later]

A week had flown by, each day melding into the next as his duties consumed him entirely. Each morning followed a familiar pattern - he'd enter our chamber, quickly donning his traditional attire before I woke up, disappearing into the responsibilities that came with our noble lineage. The persistent strain in his neck and shoulders seemed to emphasize the growing chasm between us, leaving me feeling like a mere afterthought in the realm of his obligations, and I often felt like a mere forgotten piece in the grand chessboard of his duties. Was I that forgettable? or is he blind? my inner voice taunts frustrated from his ignorant self.

I wanted to try and start a conversation but he always seemed occupied and whenever he was free there were officials around him talking and giggling with each other. In the night he used to get changed and sleep quickly, day before yesterday I tried to be awake and then talk to him while he was working but he looked at me deadly in the eyes and put me to sleep as if I were a Four year old kid who has to follow it's sleep schedule or I'd fall sick!

This particular morning, I mustered the courage to wake a bit earlier, hoping to seize a moment alone with him. As he hurriedly dressed, I took a deep breath, preparing to share the thoughts that had kept me awake many a night. Yet, when our eyes met, memories of our stolen glances and whispered conversations flashed before me, momentarily robbing me of words.

"Is there something you'd like to discuss?"
he asked, noticing my hesitation.

"Oh, it's nothing important,"
I replied, my voice barely above a whisper when shyness takes over.

"Don't wait up for me tonight. It's going to be a late one," he informed me, adjusting the folds of his clothing.

An unbidden surge of concern for him made me offer
"Hukum,you should consider some rest. The strain seems to have worsened."

He paused, looking at me with a faint smile,
"I'll manage"

In that moment, a decision crystallized in my mind. I made a mental note: I  can't let him sleep on the couch anymore but how will we sleep then?
Maybe If I sleep on the couch he will sleep on the bed and then his sprain might get better, yess atleast he'll be able to rest quietly for a while. He'll come late and if I will be already sleeping on the couch then he has to sleep on the bed because there's no way out hehee. Why didn't I think this through beforehand. I mentally pat myself on the back praising myself for the mind - blowing, genius idea I'd thought   

I head towards the garden to pluck the flowers and get other offerings ready for puja.
The day passes Swiftly as I spend it As usual talking to jiji and reading my books.
The books keep me immersed in them and I Don't even realise when It's gets so late at night, I didn't even had my dinner, he must be coming by now It's already late enough
Did he have his dinner yet?

I come out of my thoughts as I hear footsteps approaching I immediately panic, keeping my books aside in my trunk I hurry up to the couch and lay asleep before he enters the chamber. Please let him sleep there directly God! I can't endure any more embarrassment!!

______________________________________

Hope  you enjoyed this part
Don't forget to vote ,like and comment your experience it will motivate me to write better .
Keep reading ...
______________________________________

If you guys have suggestions then I am open to it please let me know in the comment box
Enjoy !!
💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻