15🥀 - Aaditya 'slips'

Ragini's pov-

As the first rays of sunlight gently kissed my face, I slowly stirred awake. Stretching my limbs, I tried to shift in bed, only to realize something was holding me back firmly. Confused, I looked down to find hukum's strong arms securely wrapped around my waist. Realization struck like lightning, and a mix of surprise and instinct made me push him gently, but the momentum was hard enough to topple him off the bed. Shit!! I am so fucking dead now!! arghh Why do I do this to myself??

He let out a groan, and my heart sank. "Shit, hukum, are you okay? I'm so sorry!"
I exclaimed, rushing to his side as guilt washed over me.

He grumbled, his voice dripping with sarcasm
"Oh, absolutely fantastic. You know Falling off the bed at sunrise is such a  cherished experience."
I mentally curse my self a million times before answering him

"I didn't mean to push you that hard. I-I just got startled"
I replied, my voice laced with genuine concern as embarrassment took over me

A small smile played on his lips, and he teased,
"Startled, huh? I didn't realize I was so frightening. Do I look like a demon or what?/"

I couldn't help but chuckle, as he glared at me and I lowered my gaze.
"You're not, I promise. It was just an unexpected jolt. Let me help you up."

He was a lot handsome for a demon, wtf! what am I even even thinking!?
Extending my hand, I helped him get back on the bed. He winced slightly as he held my hand and he settled in, and my concern deepened.
"Should I get some ice for your back?" I offered, feeling guilty for causing him discomfort.

He shook his head, attempting to ease my worry. "It's alright, just a bit sore. Nothing serious."

I sighed, feeling a mix of relief and remorse. "I'm really sorry, hukum. I didn't mean for that to happen."

He reassured me, "It's okay, Ragini. Accidents happen. Let's just forget about it."

"I am so sorry hukum I really didn't mean to"

Hukum settled back on the bed, wincing slightly

Just then, the tranquillity of our morning was shattered by the hurried footsteps of the palace servants rushing into the room, their faces marked with worry.
"Your Highness, is everything alright? We heard a loud noise"
One of them inquired.

Thinking on my feet, I quickly devised a response, a mix of embarrassment and panic surging through me.
"Oh, it's nothing. His Highness is a bit clumsy you know!, he just had a minor slip and fall, but he's perfectly fine now haha "
I reassured, trying my best to sound convincing. I am going to get killed, everyone know's who's the clumsy one in here and what excuse have made up. I should definitely receive an award for these hideous and useless excuses my brain spills out.

Hukum looked at me, evidently surprised by my straightforward lie Because he definitely didn't fall, I pushed him. Nervously, I chuckled, attempting to ease the situation. The servants, seemingly reassured, nodded and proceeded to fetch a hot oil for massaging it into his back. The maid heads towards us with a wicked smile, the oil, and was ready to give him a massage. Well, technically it is my mistake so I should help him with it right? But he shouldn't have done that I mean it's his fault also, he was so close and it was unexpected. Anyone would be scared huh! Then why were you flustered- my inner voice taunted. I shut my lingering thoughts
"Give it to me, please. We'd like a moment alone."

Hukum was definitely taken aback by my unexpected request, but the servants obeyed, handing the oil to me before exiting the room. I took a deep breath, realizing the new course of action. Sitting down beside him, and kept the bowl of hot oil on the nightstand. He held my wrists pulled me closer, and I found myself gently nestled against his chest as I gasp left my mouth at the sudden closeness