7🥀 - The night encounter

Aaditya's pov-

Dinner was served, and as we commenced our meal, the dessert 'kheer' made its appearance. Rajveer, not a fan of sweet dishes, passed his bowl to me. Just then, Nandini exclaimed, "Wait..."

Mansingh interjected, asking, "What's going on, Nandini?"

She seemed taken aback and replied, "Oh, it's nothing. I just wanted to inform you all that today, Jiji prepared the kheer."

Rajveer chimed in, adding,
"That's great, Aaditya Bhai-sa loves kheer."

Personally enjoying it, I took a spoonful, anticipating the usual sweet taste, only to encounter an unexpected salty and spicy flavor. Who would even think of adding salt and spices to a dessert? I didn't utter a word as I observed everyone else relishing and praising her for this unusual, altered dessert. It was clear that only my bowl was adultered. It seemed like a petty act of revenge, as if a 4-year-old were settling a score because I had expressed the truth. Yet, I stood by my words; I wasn't wrong. I could see She had her resentment written all over her face when I said all that, and she chose to express it this way, how childish!

"How's the kheer, Bhai-sa?" Rajveer inquired. I nodded, signaling that it was good, although it was evidently not. We all rose and proceeded to our respective rooms to rest, preparing for our departure early the next morning.

.......🥀.......

I rise from my bed, deciding to take a walk in the refreshing night air, given my inability to find any sleep. Stepping outside, I catch a melodious humming coming from the gallery. Intrigued, I follow the sound and discover Ragini seated on a nearby bench. A gentle lamp cascading a soft glow on her, clad in an all white attire, an ethereal sight that inexplicably draws me in. The enchantment deepens as she hums a tune under the moonlight, shadows playing upon her face, unable to conceal her grin. Dimples grace her cheeks, fingers dance on the book's pages, eyes immersed in the tale. I observe She's devoured half the book already.

A curiosity consumes me, pushing me to inquire about the captivating novel that has her beaming that she didn't even notice me yet. I approached her silently from behind and gently pose my question

"What are you reading so late into the night?"

She startles, nearly leaping from her seat and stumbling as I swiftly catch her forearm. Her eyes hold a mix of astonishment, as though I were not her fiancé but a grim reaper sent from hell, here to whisk her away. She tries to evade my question, so I attempt to reach for the book and look up myself what kept her so intrigued in the middle of the night. Just as I'm about to read it, she deftly snatches it and conceals it behind her back playfully. It feels like an indirect challenge, given her actions. She then breaks the silence

"Nothing, I just couldn't sleep. But I think I'm feeling drowsy now. Haha, I should go,"
she stammers nervously, attempting to leave. But I wouldn't let her leave so easily, not Without knowing what was she reading so immensely that She made her smile like an idiot.

I grasp her wrist and gently draw her back, her balance momentarily lost as she collides into my front. Her other hand gently rests on my chest, and her eyes meet mine, flustered. Seizing the opportunity, I lean closer, her eyes widening in surprise. Swiftly, I retrieve the book from her grasp, causing her to step back in realization. She tries to reach for the book, but I hoist it above my head, my height giving me the upper hand.

"The bleeding R-.." I try to read the title  to figure out the genre she's reading. I tried to look more into the book, she attempts to jump for it, stumbling backward, and my other hand instinctively encircles her waist, pulling her gently toward me. As she collides into my hard chest again! Is she that clumsy?