Chapter 29: Dragon's Curse

As she trudged behind the others, Mal thought about what she'd said to Evie—

"And that is?" someone asked.

how everything at the Forbidden Fortress had been a test.

"Oh that." The same person said.

Carlos had faced the gargoyles, and Jay, the Cave of Wonders. Evie had endured the Magic Mirror.

"Yeah that is a good question." Audrey said.

What about me?

"A very very good question." Payton said in a muttered.

What's in store for me?

"I'm almost afraid to ask." Paxton said under his breath.

Was danger—in the form of a challenge all her own—waiting for her, just behind the next castle door?

Or would it be even more like my mother to my mother to ignore me altogether? To leave me alone, and think I wasn't worthy of any kind of text at all?

She closed her eyes. She could almost hear her mother's voice now.

What is there to test, Mal? You aren't like me.

"Your right she isn't you, she's better then you will ever be."

While her all family, family in laws and friends all glared at that.

Meanwhile all the (good) parents for that matter, hearts broke.

That should never be what a child should think
about, never in a million years or life times.

You're weak, like your father.

"Mal and dad aren't useless or weak," Zagreus yelled,  one of his eyes flashing fire orange. And the eye is flashing blood red.

You don't even deserve your own name.

"Correction, you don't deserve my sister as a daughter!" Zagrues said.

Mal opened her eyes.

Either way, nothing changed the place where they were standing.

Maleficent's home. Her lair.

"Her old home, you mean."

Mal was on her mother's turf now,

"Her old and last turf."

whether or not she was welcome there. And she knew that whatever happened next was about the two of them, test or not. Quest or not.

Even, Dragon's Eye or not.

"Oh I have a feeling that the Dragon Eye was there." Akiho muttered, under his breath.

Mal couldn't shake the feeling that something or someone was watching her;

Everyone was at the edge of their seat.

But that didn't stop the glares and worried looks coming from everyone, well not the two of them that were grounded for their bad behavior.

she'd felt it since left home that morning, and the pressure was even stronger in the fortress.

"Ah so it still January 13 good to know." Ben said in a muttered under his breath, writing it down next to 'January 13' and wrote ': still'.

While the people that know him, shook their heads in amusement.

But every time she looked over her shoulder there was nothing. Maybe she was just being paranoid.