seventy-three.

Betty Graham was standing at the back of Conrad's car, a frown on her face as she began to pull a very large case of beers from the back. She let out a huff as she held it, her eyes holding a glare as she struggled past Conrad who was coming back to grab his own case.

"Let me—"

"Don't—stop!" He was attempting to pull it from her arms, Betty tired of his continued attention and his unfair mood swings. She ripped her arms away from him and carried it towards the house, her scowl making him step back like he was burned by it. So far Stevens plan was only making her more angry at him.

Betty hurried into the house, sitting the case on the countertop and intercepting the conversation between Skye and Belly and Taylor.

"Externally imposed societal expectations of 'normal' have no effect on me. That being said I've decided I am ready and willing and would like to know what to do with the various parts of my mouth when it meets another mouth."

"Wait wait wait...what are we talking about?" Betty said, a horrified look on her face with the conversation she'd walked into.

"Skyes never kissed anyone." Taylor said, Betty letting out a small oh as she realized the context of the conversation. She shrugged, turning away from them and moving the case to the counter behind them all.

"It's not that hard...when it happens it'll end up being like no big deal." Betty said, her voice hesitant as she said it. Her first kiss hadn't been no big deal...actually it had been the biggest deal and unfortunately the decision to have it was still haunting her today. The stupid shit a bunch of 13 year olds do in an attempt to act older.

She scurried out of the kitchen as Belly began to breakdown kissing, including what it was like to kiss Conrad. Betty wanted to be as far away from that conversation as she could, she didn't need to hear it...she already knew what kissing both Jere and Conrad was like. Oh she could not wait to get drunk.

Betty headed back outside and caught Jeremiah and Conrad in a low volume conversation, the two of them out of plain sight but still noticeable enough by the trunk of the car. Betty wasn't going to lie...the wya she was feeling right now—she didn't have a single care about what they were talking about. More than anything she wanted this week to be done, she wanted to be done...for everyone to go home and let her rest and relax in the confines of her empty house. And then she remembered who was at her empty house...making it a lot less empty.

Betty took a few quick step towards the trunk and cleared her throat, the two boys both looking at her. Conrad with his straight face and his tortured eyes and Jeremiah with confusion and doubt.

"I'm going to check on Jack. I'll be back in a bit." She attempted to quickly turn away but she was cut off by words.

"Actually I was wondering if we could talk..." Jeremiah said, his face now holding some nervousness. Conrad was looking to him with an almost disgusted look, his mask of carelessness being the only thing to hide it. He hasn't forgotten about Jeremiah's infatuation and attempt at winning Betty over...this definitely reminded him all about it. His eyes shifted to Betty and he waited for her reply, her eyes cold and tired.

"I don't really want to talk right now Jeremiah. I just want to go see Jack." She said with just enough power to push both of the boys down. Conrad had managed to fuck up the plan with Steven already but he knew the boy would want him to double down and commit, even though he felt like it was going to be pointless and lead to nothing but more endless fighting.  If he was being honest, this endless attempt to try and get her back with him with a very welcome distraction from the darkness he was facing within, and he knew that if he didn't get it right soon...he'd fall over that ledge and spiral into it. Jeremiah felt like he'd been kicked in the stomach because him and Betty had so much unresolved conflict to speak about, and after she had been avoiding him like the plague since their kiss he was starting to wonder if maybe he'd read the situation wrong. Betty turned away from the both of them and headed towards  her house, cutting through the gap between their houses and quickly heading to the porch. She was surprised to see Jack sitting there, the boy rocking back and forth with a far away expression on his face. He was staring into the yard, her hands clasped over her stomach as he seemed to just really be thinking.