sixty-five.

The ride back to the Fishers house was full of laughter and fun between the five in Jeremiah's car, Betty having to fight every fiber of her being to not go in the car with Steven and Conrad. She knew there was a line that she had crossed and she needed to get herself under control considering the fact that she had a boyfriend. She loved Jack, she was happy they were together. He was a good guy, and when they were together he made her feel like a good person. He made her feel smart and pretty and appreciated and she never had to doubt his feelings or question what was going on. And still she couldn't help but get sucked into the Conrad storm.

They stopped outside of the house, Betty squeezed into Cams side due to the narrow back seat. Betty pushed out of the car, Cam holding the door open for her and then closing it behind her. They all hurried towards the house, Conrad being the last one out and picking up the giraffe that Belly had won and now dropped.  Steven was inside first, the gasp that left his lips only multiplying as everyone saw the shocking scene inside the house.

It was empty.

And not empty like no one was there or stuff was packed...it was all gone. Every bit of furniture, every bit of life that made it the Fisher home...it was all gone. Betty realized now just how much they had fucked up going out all day, how they couldn't even enjoy one day and then she remembered how bad this really was,  her head lifting and her eyes going to Jeremiah who looked like someone had just punched him right in the gut. Conrad entered last, his face going slack and any hint of joy or positivity flying out of his body instantly. She watched the exact moment his heart ripped in two, the girl unsure of what to do in this moment.

Her head turned to Jeremiah as he darted out of the room, sprinting up the stairs. Betty crouched down,  dropping her face into her hands as she realized how huge of a mistake they had made.  She knew this was a major loss in their fight, and all the fun they had had would now be soured forever by this revelation.

"Everything's gone." Jeremiah said when he came back down the stairs, the revelation loaded as he told his brother. Everything meant everything ...including Susannah's things.  Betty looked up at Conrad from where she was crouched, the look on his face indescribable. She had never seen anything like it...he was losing and he knew it. It was hopeless. The sound of the door closing drew all of their attention and Betty shot up, knowing it was about to go down.  Julia entered the home, Betty standing near the doorway that Conrad was  walking towards.

"What the fuck Julia?" He exclaimed, all of them joining him in the entryway to the kitchen. Betty fell back, standing by Steven as the woman began to explain herself.

"I'm sorry. This must be such a shock. I-I spoke to your father this afternoon, and he and I decided that it would be best not to drag this out any longer than necessary." Betty felt a pit drop in her stomach as she thought of Conrad father, knowing the mention of him wouldn't help anything out.

"I don't give a shit what the two of you decided on. You had no right to touch anything  in this house. Those were her things!" Conrad's voice was raising and the louder it got the more painful it sounded. Steven step forwards to try and calm Conrad, his and going to  his arm as he spoke.

"Just breathe, man. Okay?"  Conrad shut Steven down quickly, Betty taking a few steps forwards as things started to escalate.

"Stop."  Conrad shook him off, his head shaking as Julia spoke.

"Everything in storage. I made sure that everyone was very careful with every single thing. I'm just doing what I have to do to sell this house." There was sense behind Julia's words, but the stance that they all took was that she was a villain here.