fifteen.

Betty Graham crossed the threshold between the two houses, a warm smile on her lips as she approached the front door of the Fisher residence. She was holding a plate of brownies in front of her, knowing to never show up to a dinner party empty handed. She rang the doorbell and it only took about a minute before Belly was answering, her eyes widening as she looked at the plate of brownies.

"Wow! Did you just make those?" The younger girl asked, Betty admiring the flower crown on her head. Betty Grahams kind smile was then observed by Conrad Fisher who appeared at the end of the foyer, Betty not seeming to notice him there. She had changed since earlier that day, the girl wearing a green sundress and a pair of tights, Conrad's stomach flipping at the sight of them.

"Yeah I figured I'd make some desert for the dinner. Sorry it took so long I made them from scratch."

"No no...you're early. Cam hasn't even showed up yet." Belly reassured her, Betty nodding and stepping into the home. She walked down the hallway and past Conrad, not even giving him a passing glance. However he watched after her, her eyes sticking to the black ribbon she had tied in her hair. He watched her until he couldn't see her anymore, Belly passing by and Conrad being quick to pull her aside.

"What?" She asked in an irritated tone, the boy remembering she was mad at him.

"I'm sorry about what I said...okay?" Bellys face softened at his apology but she still was angry with him, sorry not fixing everything like he thought it did.

"Whatever." She tried to move away but he stepped in front of her, the girl looking up at him in confusion.

"I just—do...do you have to invite her to everything?" Conrad asked, his face holding a solemn expression as he looked down at her. Her eyebrows furrowed and she shook her head, quickly replying.

"Who? Taylor? She's my friend she—"

"No. No...not Taylor." His fist balled at his side and he let out a sigh, running a hand over his hair before clearing up the confusion. "Betty."

Bellys face contorted into one of confusion again and Conrad knew it was a mistake to ask, her expression turning defensive soon after.

"Betty? Of course. She's my friend Conrad. What happened between you guys doesnt change that. Whatever happened." A knock on the door stopped him from continuing on and Belly flared up at him before she looked away, stepping towards the door and revealing Cam behind it. Conrad turned away from the foyer, making his way towards the dining room where the food was being laid out in the table.

:::

"So, Cam. You mind if I call you Cam Cameron?" Jeremiah said from his spot beside Betty, Steven sitting on the other side of her. She laughed at the question, liking the nickname and waiting for Cams reply.

"Mmhmm. Yeah, man. Feel free. That's funny." Cam said, his kind spirit always shining through.

"Cool." Jeremiah replied, Susannah taking the floor now.

"I'm glad you're here Cameron. I know your mom, Denise, from the club. I have heard a lot about you."

"Thank you so much for having me, Susannah. My
mom says hi." A foot hit Betty's under the table, the girl moving her foot away and looking in the direction of it, her eyes catching a smiling Jeremiah. She smiled to herself, looking down at her plate as the conversation continued and kicking the boy in the side of the leg.