The Fair

Parking my car into the little lot outside my dorm I looked out to the quad where dozens of young people like myself sat. It was sunny and hot which wasn't unusual for Miami and being a native would mean I have a tolerance for it but today was different. I was sweating like crazy and I felt all clamy and I swore that if I didn't get out of my car I was gonna vomit so that's what I did.

It was like the second my door slammed shut I had the attention of absolutely everything from the blonde bimbo who'd just been making out with a guy to the fucking snails on the ground.

I should get used to this. I guess it's not everyday a college student see's a world famous actress who had just gotten out of rehab step onto their turf.

Rehab... Yeah I said rehab. I got out 6 months ago. I'd been submitted 9 months ago. I'd spent 3 months trying to get over my alchol and drug addiction. It had taken me about 1 month in total to even relaise I had an addiction. The rest was trying to get me through everything thing else, from the drinking to the drug use to my eating habits and depression. It was tough but it was worth it. I may still be in recovery but I'm doing so much better than I was that's mainly due to getting out of that toxic business that id been raised into.

I'd always been in the industry since I can remember. It hindered alot of things for me like friends and school, relationships...

I'd began homeschooling when I was seven and with that I never got a proper education. I was always traveling or filming and when I wasn't I was sleeping so I could do it all again. It was when I turned sixteen that I started getting my own private teachers so I could get some sort of education and I was actually quiet good at the whole school thing. Friends and relationships on the other hand, not so much. I mean I had friends, have friends but a majority of them I had to leave behind after rehab. They're all like I'd been. A party animal, wild, destructive. I was so sad and lonely and that's what led me to my problems and then to rehab but like I said it was worth it because I've honestly never been happier than I have before.

"Excuse me, Lauren?" I snapped out of my daydream and turned to my left to see a shortish girl with blonde hair staring up at me.

"Y-yeah?" I slighlty chuckled. I don't know this girl but then again she probably knows me. She was pretty, really pretty and she had this calming vibe coming from her.

"Hi I'm Allyson" she put out her hand and then I knew exactly who she was.

"My room mate right?" I shook her hand smiling "Lauren" I introduced myself even though shed just said it "but you know that" I giggled nervously.

"Yeah and It's okay" She smiled. She definitely wasn't from Miami because her accent showed some of a southern hint to it "Dean Henry said to show you where the room is.. If that's okay?" She was nervous which made me uncomfortable because I didn't want anyone nervous just for me being me

"Yeah that would be amazing, thank you" I replied and then turned as whispers could be heard. I sighed lightly and turned back to Allyson.

"Just ignore them, they're just curious, it'll be over by the end of the week" she smiled reassuringly.

"Thanks, I hope so" I half smiled.

"Lets head inside, its roasting out here" she smiled and I nodded locking my car.

The room was big enough and Ally had all her boxes on her side. She'd nothing unpacked which confused me because on the way in she'd mentioned she'd been here for a few days.

"Are you not gonna unpack?" I chuckled lightly and she smiled but went serious "uh no I won't actaully be staying here. I'm part of this singing thingy and we have our own house but Ms.Cabello was having it renovated for the summer and last repairs are going in. I should be gone in a few days and you can have the room all to yourself" she smiled but I felt a little disappointed that I would be alone for my college experience. Isn't after hours meant to be where all the fun stuff happens and you create amazing bonds with your roomies and sneak out to do fun shit...