31| ᴜᴘs ᴀɴᴅ ᴅᴏᴡɴs

I was excited to write this chapter for no reason 🙃

Meri excitement ko kill matt karna

Better complete the target, warna this will be the last chapter I'll be updating. That means I'll stop writing

I've honestly had enough

Target: 90+ votes and COMMENTS

COMMENTS also!

Happy reading!

Nandini:

I sighed at my reflection. My hands worked to remove the earrings that adored my ears. The bindi that sat on my forehead. The saree that draped around me depicted the special occasion. I unwrapped it for the third time this week.

My eyes witnessed the normal self in nightwear. The lump in my throat made it difficult for me to breathe. I exhaled and inhaled heavily to prohibit the streams that threatened to fall down any moment.

"No, Nandini. It's okay. You are an understanding girl, nah. It's okay." I chanted monotonously, but today, nothing really helped. My heart felt heavy.

My eyes drifted to my phone, which had a pinged message,

From Manik,

I will be late. Please have your food and don't wait for me. ❤️

I chose not to pick it up and reply. Exhaling shakily, I stepped back and sat on the bed gazing at the floor continuously.

Manik has gone extremely busy for the last few weeks. He, dad, and Anurag are effortlessly working on some projects. There's no day and no night for them. Yesterday was the day when they had finally achieved what they were working on. Manik called us to inform us about it. My happiness had no boundaries.

Yet, they weren't able to make it before twelve due to formalities and preparations. Which is why Manik promised to take me out on a date because the last two to three months were extremely busy for him.

I am not complaining. My heart proudly stares at my husband who glorifies himself everywhere he goes.

My chest swells at the mention of Manik Malhotra.

It's just that, my heart is sore because this is the fourth time he wasn't able to come back for date nights. I understand his schedule and thus never questioned him about it. These plans were made by him, and he was the one who failed to show up.

It's okay.

He's busy.

The alarm in my phone rang, and the last string of my patience broke. I slumped on my pillow, and tears streamed down endlessly.

I miss you, Manik.

Today, you should've been with me. Celebrating.

I clutched the pillow and cried severely till my cheeks hurt and eyes swelled up.

It's okay

I understand.

"Get up, Nandini." I shuddered at my inner voice. "Wipe your tears and smile wide. You love him, nah. He isn't doing it deliberately. You know you matter to him." I do.

It's just that this distance between us is something I'm unable to bear. He leaves before I wake up but always texts me from his office. Although I waited for him at night, there were times when he came back home at two or three.

I miss our hugs, random kisses. Breakfast we used to have together. The late night gossip and cuddles. It's just this void that is eating me up. I did not break down until today. I sobbed, digging my face in my palms and fell on the bed, crying myself to sleep.