28| ᴛʜᴇ ʙʀᴇᴀᴋᴅᴏᴡɴ|

Yeah, it's an early update.

But I couldn't stop myself from writing down continually because I left my pyare readers on cliffhanger😂

And my lovely readers who constantly comment and vote! This chapter is for you🫵🏻❤️

So yeah, here it is

Please shower all your love!

Target; 100+ votes and comments

Happy reading

Anurag:

"Anu.."

My head, which was hanging down with eyes shut, dejected, now snapped up, and I gasped audibly as a whisper brushed past my ear drums.

It was her...

No, she didn't show up. But something was missing here. My heart collapsed at the thought of her missing the evening, but the other part screamed that she's your Minion. She won't. I obliged. Because I'm aware of my Minion and what she is capable of.

My chain of thoughts was harshly interrupted as the echo of my ring tone merged with the sound of rain pouring down carelessly. I glanced at the contact.

Manik

I sighed in tiredness. It feels as if I'm worn out. Physically less, but mentally more. Nevertheless, I picked up the call, "Hello?"

My entire concentration shifted solely on him as his panicked voice reached me, "Anurag woh Mannat.." The world froze around me as his words reached me.

I stumbled back, unable to seep in the words of sorrow that just dug into me. "Anurag, you there?" Emotions clogged my throat. I felt suffocating, but I was least bothered.

I mustered up the courage to ask one final question, "Where?" I shut my eyes expecting an answer that'd not be in my favor. But alas!

"City hospital."

***

I ran towards the entrance of the hospital without even parking my car. I rushed towards the receptionist.

"Man..Mannat Murthy." My voice reached, almost inaudibly. Yet, the receptionist managed to check her system and pointed towards a particular direction.

Without waiting for a second, I ran towards the direction only to stumble in between. Caring less about it, I continued only to stop at a particular distance and witness the scene that wrenched my heart.

Aunty was sitting on the chair, her face dug in her palms and Bhabhi beside her, tear stricken yet consoling her mom. Uncle and Manik were talking to the doctor. My heart clenched thinking the possibilities.

"You are not allowed to go away, Minion." I whispered to calm my raging breath. But nothing helped. I couldn't feel peace until I saw her in front of me. Smiling with those pearls and spreading her arms for me.

With a heavy heart, I took steps forward bit by bit. Inhaling and exhaling shakily, I reached there. It took every ounce of my strength and energy to lift my lashes and look through the glass of the operation theater.

There she was

Sleeping

I smiled slowly. My vision went blurry as the sight of her laying down with bandages, oxygen ventilator, drips. She was fighting for basic necessities. Breathing. Her face wasn't clearly visible. All I could see was that she was surrounded by nurses. They injected something, and the trail of the stream escaped seeing her unaffected by it.