Part 2 Chapter 19

Start from the beginning

"Christian took Maximus and Isobel?" I ask, figuring it out, "Maximus has the keys to the car, how am I going to leave?"

Ruby sighs, annoyed.

"I'll get them for you, by the time I get back, you better be waiting at that car with Abbey and that other girl, otherwise you're coming with me and my pack. I can't guarantee Christian won't kill you, so I suggest you listen to me," she says this as she walks backwards, turning to go get Maximus' keys for me.

I huff out an annoyed breath. Bloody hell.

Things could never run smoothly, could they?

I turn around and see that Abbey has now made it to the window, she holds out her injured hand towards me, tears in her beautiful eyes – which contrasted with her grey skin and dirty looking hair.

"You should probably hand me the other hand, sweetheart," I say and she slowly reaches for me with her uninjured hand.

"You know I'm here to save you right? Caitlin is too," I say, gripping her hand – which is icy cold. She nods at me and I help her out the window.

"Stay quiet with me, we'll walk to the car. You can't run, can you?" Abbey shakes her head so I just hold her hand and help lead her to the car. As we walk I see Caitlin near the car already.

She is on her knees, arm held across her stomach. It looks like she collapsed.

Abbey tries to talk but it comes out in a sort of moan as she also spots her sister on the pavement.

"Caitlin, are you okay?" I ask as we get closer, I let go of Abbey's hand and help Caitlin up, but she pushes me away. Her face looks deathly pale, "What is it?"

"We need to leave, now," she says, she glances at Abbey but just looks away almost instantly. She is barely holding back tears.

"What happened?" I ask again, not able to do anything anyway until Ruby returned with the keys to the car.

"We need to go," Caitlin snaps, she looks at me, angry, "We need to leave!"

"Maximus and Isobel were taken by werewolves," I say, "Is Eddrick down?"

Caitlin nods, but she doesn't respond.

I look to see Abbey approach her sister and Caitlin looks into her eyes and quickly grabs her into a hug, whispering to her that she is so sorry. I feel sick to my stomach, I didn't have a good feeling about any of this.

I nearly jump out of my skin when I see a wolf run up silently beside me, red fur shining as keys drop at my feet. Ruby turns and runs off without further ado.

I pick the keys up and unlock the door. I guess I was driving.

"Get in the car," I say, "We're leaving."

Caitlin nods and helps Abbey get in.

"What about Max and Isobel?" Caitlin asks quietly, she talks like she is numb inside.

"If we don't leave, we'll be next to go with the werewolves, I was warned to leave as soon as possible."

I get in the car and start the ignition, Caitlin sits in the back with Abbey, silent.

For a while the silence is almost intolerable in the car. I needed to know what happened.

"Are you sure Eddrick is dead?" I ask, gripping the steering wheel tightly.

"He should be and if he isn't, I hope the werewolves find him and tear him to shreds. I injected him with the blood, he fell to the ground and I bolted. I couldn't stay in there, not after what I saw," Caitlin answers. She doesn't explain what she saw, so I don't ask for details.

"We'll go straight back to the palace but we should ring first to see if they've got everything under control –"

"Drop me and Abbey off in the city, please," Caitlin cuts me off, "I need to get Abbey help anyway, to find a witch that can bring her back to normal."

"Will you come back to the palace eventually?" I ask, hopeful. I liked knowing friends there, I was just starting to get to know people around the place.

"I have nowhere else to go," Caitlin explains, "But I will return if I can't figure something out. Xavier..."

"Xavier?" I prompt her to finish the sentence.

"Nothing," she says, and I can tell she doesn't want to talk any more about this.

I drive the rest of the way back to the city, realizing I had left the palace with nearly all my friends... and I was returning with just myself.

This wasn't going to look too good on me.

And Maximus and Isobel...

They were in danger, I just hoped they managed to escape the werewolves.

***Updated every Tuesday, Part 1 of this story is on Amazon for $2.99, Part 2 will be added on for FREE when I finish it on Wattpad!***

***Catch up on the latest update in 'Abducted by a Hot Vampire with a Sense of Humour: Maximus' to find out what happened to Maximus and Isobel, I'll also be updating their story soon in the next couple of days. 'Abducted by a Hot Vampire: Prince Xavier' also has some background to everything going on so catch up on that too! The next update for that story will explain what Caitlin saw :)***