He caressed her jawline, the movement made her snuck in a breath because of how alluring his fingers were feeling as they rubbed her skin. "The people who force anyone for anything are completely assholes. And conducting this same act on a woman for whom you are given the title of husband and protector is such a ridiculous thing. Absolutely garbage. You are my wife and I know how to give respect to my woman."

She bit her lower lip as she played with her nails. "Thank you."

Huzaifa chuckled. "You are really crazy, Glasses...By the way, I am glad you got rid of those damned lenses."

She blushed at his remarks. "Why do you hate them so much?"

He shrugged his shoulders. "First because you don't feel like yourself when you wear them. Second, because I remember that prick fraud whenever I see you in them. The fact that he tried to alter your original personality is something I still loathe. And also whenever I remember that he might have---"

"He never touched me, Huzaifa," she quickly mumbled sensing that perhaps he was going there.

He gritted his brows. "I know that. Whatever happened wasn't your mistake. It was past. You were his wife. That's a blessing for him that he didn't try to come near you or else I would have broken his damned hands by asking Haider Bhai to arrange my meeting with him."

He was possessive for her and she would have felt its effect all over herself if he didn't say he would bring another wife. Why was it affecting her so much now? At first, she accepted it considering it as her fate, her worth, and her luck. However as soon he gave her his touch, things changed and her feelings too changed. 

Was she feeling possessive of him too?

God, no. That would not be fine. A pitiful ugly duckling was seeing high dreams after the prince gave her some attention. She shouldn't forget her worth. It would hurt her in the long run.

Huzaifa planted a soft kiss over her temple. "Itna bhi bura nhi hon main jitna tum samjhti ho."

(A/N: I am not that bad which you think of me."

She shook her head. "I never thought bad about you."

He blew a distracting and hot breath over her cheek which made goosebumps to rise to her skin. "Don't lie, Glasses. I know you didn't like me because I irritated you."

"You irritated me but that doesn't mean that I hated---" she stopped herself seeing his uninterrupted and heated gaze on her.

He smiled and then held her hand before attaching its lips to her knuckles. "So you never hated me? I thought that you considered me a bully."

"No," she mumbled, truthfully. "Aqia Mama and you all are very dear to my heart. I can never hate my saviors."

Well, what would be his reaction when he got to know that instead of hate, there was love in her heart for him? Immense love, appreciation, and craze. Allah, she was never going to tell him that she loved him. He would make fun of her for seeing dreams like this. It would be better if this union would work as a marriage of convenience.

Huzaifa removed her glasses from her eyes. "Talking about your Aqia Mama, I think it's better if you sleep. Because I am pretty sure she would send another maid with something else to check up on you that I ain't making you cry and bullying you."

She blushed hard at this. "Aqia Mama is just extra worried. I shouldn't have made her anxious."

He smirked. "Yes yes, I know." He placed her glasses on the side table of her side and the way his bigger frame shadowed her in the process made Unaiza still.