The Ending Explained

Hello everyone, I originally wanted to make a video to explain the ending but I failed to make myself look humane and I don't have enough make-up products to hide my eyebags. I know they say 'be yourself' 'be confident' 'you're beautiful the way you are' cause I am gorgeous...it's just that no camera can capture my beauty as it is (yes ppl delullu is the solullu) so here we are...

Christian Hayes is an unreliable narrator. We figured that out in the chapter named 'confessions' where she revealed that she had played Reece. But that was only half of her game.

She knew all along that Reece had cheated on her when they were dating and after finding out about it, which she did after the breakup, she decided to make him fall in love with her so that she could break his heart.

Hooking up with Corey was a part of that. What was not a part of it was falling in love with Corey. She knew Corey knew how intimate she was with Reece, so of course, he wouldn't date her if she was with his best friend or even if she was his best friend's crush.

So, she decided to not know about the 'cheating' thing so that she could have a valid reason to breakup with Reece so she could date Corey by earning his sympathy and showing him how mean Reece was.

However, her plan started to fail when she found out that Reece was dying. Corey would never even look at his dead best friend's ex-girlfriend especially if Reece loved her.

So, Christiana pretended to love Reece, pretended to act like she cared which she did. She did love him but she wanted Corey. So, she painted her death and stuck the painting at the end of her collection.

You know what that meant?

She could tell Corey indirectly that she was going to suicide and he would know exactly where to look for her. And so, that was what she did.

She killed herself knowing that Corey would come for her, that he would save her, and he did. He saved her because the last line is a person screaming her name.

She killed herself to show how much Reece meant to her and how she was crumbling without Reece so she could get Corey's pity and so she could bond over that friend with him and date him.

Thank you.