Chapter Twenty-Five: Lines of Purgatory

I. Am. Not. DEPRESSED.

As we walked down the street to the car waiting for me, I realized I was cold.

And I hadn't felt cold in years.

I shivered instinctively, and moments later, felt someone drape something over my shoulders. I turned to see Corey putting his blazer on my shoulders.

"It's-"

"I don't feel cold," he spoke before I could protest any further. "You know that,"

We hadn't ever talked about it, but I knew because I had never seen him wear a jacket. And he knew I had noticed it.

"Thanks," I whispered softly and snuggled inside his black blazer.

So Corey and I weren't ignoring each other anymore. He was being nice to me. He freaking kissed me!

He smirked when he noticed my smile.

I rolled my eyes and blushed a little.

The interviewer was a lady around forty years old. She looked manipulative and fake, and I knew it was going to be hard.

She was in a red dress, and her hair was open, but I could smell the hundred hair products that had been applied to it, along with the stench of heavy makeup.

It was going to be super hard.

I smiled politely at her, and she gave back a faux one. I resisted the urge to roll my eyes.

The other people on the set gave me a collar microphone to pin on my dress, and I noticed hers was already pinned.

"Hello, Christiana. I am Cateleya,"

"Hello, ma'am," Luckily, I was great at faking smiles.

"Before we start the interview, can you brief me a little about yourself?"

I did. I gave her a five-minute long brief rundown of my life. She nodded thoughtfully in response, before signaling the cameraman to start rolling.

"This is Cateleya Cudjoe, and today, with us, we have a child prodigy!" the camera was not yet on me, so, I did my best to even my breathing. "A young lady, yet one of the most renowned artists of North America. Yes, you don't even have to guess to know who it is! Christiana Hayes!"

"Hello everyone," I waved a little, knowing that now, one of the cameras would be on me.

"Hi, Christiana, it's an honor to have you here with us tonight. Thank you so very much for joining us!"

"The pleasure's all mine!" I beamed.

"So, I am going to cut to the chase and not ask you everything we already know. I would like to focus this interview on the exhibition you're doing in a few months, on the topic; The End."

"I would honestly love to talk about it!"

"You've not made much publicity about it. All we have is an article on your social media accounts about the topic and the side view of one of the paintings. Can you brief our viewers about it?" On the screen behind us, one of my social media accounts opened, revealing the painting, and the writing beside it.

"The exhibition is about the end of the world where everything is fading away, and it captures the reactions of various people or animals or birds or even items. How a certain being would feel if anything of that sort were to happen."

"We couldn't make much from the image, but the photo of the painting, was of a depressed girl if I am not wrong,"

"It was,"