Chapter Twenty-Two: Vixen's In Love

Does the chameleon itself even know its true colors?

Do you?

I knew.

While barring against its hunter, a fox uses all the tricks up its sleeve, all the words in that pretty mouth of its.

When a spider weaves its web, it makes the thinnest yet most sustainable threads.

Before a snake attacks its prey, it remains soundless, and attacks at the exact right moment. One swish attack, one swish gulp.

After a wolf attacks, it tears its prey down bit by bit.

And then. the angel finds the soul on the other side, and she puts it back together.

I was the vixen. I was going to flip us over. I was going to sweet-talk him into becoming the prey himself. I was going to perfectly weave the webs around him, leaving him no place to escape. I was going to pounce at the right time. I was going to rip his sanity into pieces until all he could think about is me and then, I was going to put him back together, bit by bit, like the angel I was.

And then, all he'd be able to think about, would be me.

And just me.

And just like the pretty little siren I was, he was going to walk straight up to me, let a pet dog. He was going to straight walk into all of it.

I had so many aces up my sleeve.

He would never see it coming.

Before you deem me dramatic or theatrical, let me remind you of the fact that my brain is developed both on my artistic side and my intellectual side.

I was a walking miracle. And he and I were the only ones who couldn't see it.

But Nicolas's reminder brought it all back to me. I was never this weak, submissive girl. I loved myself, I was driven by pride. And everything was a game to me.

I was a sick, manipulative bitch back then.

But that was why I was at the top.

Reece had never had the honor to meet that girl, but probably now was the time.

I had everything planned out. And the first step torturing him with curiosity about Mathews until he couldn't resist but comment.

Drawing Reece out was easy.

The first day, it was a Tuesday and I had my friends take the entire 'Mathews' teasing to another level around Reece, and like the liar I was, I only played along.

"So, what are you wearing?" Marilyn asked me the second Reece was in the hearing range.

"For what?" Abby asked me, and she wasn't acting. Marilyn and I had made that up just a few minutes ago.

"This little missy right here has a date tonight."

"Come on," I fake blushed. It was easy, I blushed all the time. "It's not that much of a big deal. I'll just wear that red dress."

"Which one?" Abby asked me. I loved her at that moment. She was helping me without even realizing it.

"You know, the one with that deep sweetheart neckline. Comes up to my thighs and has a small slit." I did own a dress like that even though I'd never worn it. "I am going to do that smokey shiny make-up thing with a bun."

"Red heels?"

"What are Louboutin for?"

Marilyn elbowed me, winking playfully. From the corner of my eyes, I noticed Reece looking at her, and I knew I had his attention. But I also knew that was all I should do.