Chapter 25

Haider's POV

Its been a week since the chaos. Alhamdulillah Hira is doing good. About me? I look calm outside. Everyone was so surprised to find me calm but nobody knows the disaster happening inside me. Mine and Rifa's marriage was not planned for 1 or 2 years. We were decided that we will get married since I was young. I planned my future carefully and Rifa was there in every aspect. I feel like a biggest part of me and my dream is snatched. Hira was upset about me calling off the marriage and I still remember her words.

'bhai listen. I cried not because I love Sharnaaz or what. Maybe I just felt humiliated or something. The wedding preparation was too sudden to even fall in love. I already had a feeling that something is off because I never see Sharnaaz happy since the wedding announcement. Mine was not meant to happen but not for you and Rifa. I know you love her. Just because of me please don't spoil your life. I will get married in a year or two but I don't want you to be left with regret. Talk to Rifa and reconcile. Plus only your marriage could fix these decades of friendship.'

She is right, I cant leave her just like that. All these years, I stayed in London with her memories not for leaving her but the real questions is can I forget what happened. I don't think I could forgive Sharnaaz but Rayyan also betrayed me by not saying anything. I don't want to face them but Rifa, I need her. Should I just kidnap her.

My thoughts were disturbed by the knock on my cabin. My PA entered upon hearing my voice.

"sir, Mr Abbas is here for the meeting" he said

"what meeting?" I asked confused

"sir, you have a meeting with him to discuss about the upcoming charity program." he said and I slapped my forehead. This is my condition, she had bewitched me and messed my head.

"i will be there in 5 minutes. Serve Mr Abbas some drinks." he nodded and left. I walked to the washroom and washed my face. I looked at the mirror looking at my appearance. I looked normal outside but what about inside. I just sighed and walked to the meeting room and saw Mr Abbas leaving the room.

"Sir what happened? Is there any problem?" I asked

"young man, there is a problem. what is the time now? You might be young but I am not. Well I am not too old either but I need to have my lunch now. So lets talk about our upcoming event while having lunch." he said

" sir maybe we can continue after lunch?" I asked because I have no mood to eat anything but he convinced me somehow.

We reached an Italian restaurant and he had already reserved us a place. i ordered lasagna, my Rifa's favorite. She would have enjoyed it if she was here.

"by the way Haider, I have decided our event planner if you have no problem. My son recommended this company. Their staff will be here in few minutes. I hope you have no problem in that" he asked. I was planning to ask Hana's help but I don't think so I can face her right now. Wait, she was my sister first, I have rights on her too. Rayyan can't stop me from meeting her.

"haider, back to earth man. You were not like this in London. What.... ohh here she is." I turned to find the fox that have been messing my mind standing behind me with a surprised look. She covered her expression and smiled at Mr Abbas and ignored me completely

"come here miss... sorry the last time we met, I forget to ask your name." Mr Abbas said

"Rifa sir" she said

"please sit." Mr Abbas showed the seat beside me. She looked hesitant but she sat keeping a huge distance. We should be sitting next to each other in our walima.