Chapter 22

Sharnaaz's POV

Today is the day where I am going to be someone's husband. I always thought it would be Wafa. Rayyan’s word is still ringing in my head. Its true that i will be cheating on Hira by thinking of Wafa but I am helpless. My thoughts were disturbed by the knock on the door.

"May I come in buddy?"

"You never have to ask D" I said. I am really grateful that D is recovering quickly. For him, I will make this happen.

"Buddy, I have seen you since you were born and I know something is bothering you. Tell me what is it?"

"Nothing D. Just tired you know. Have to complete some work before marriage." I said trying to smile but who am lying to.

"I am you dad's dad. You can't fool me like you fool him and others. Who is she?" He asked and my eyes widened.

"D, its no...."

"Who?" He asked again sternly. I just sighed and told him everything about Wafa including Mustafa.

"Why you never tell me? Am I dead or what?" He yelled

"D" I shouted

"Don't D me. Sharnaaz, I want you to get married. I don't mind whoever it is. I ask you to agree to this marriage but never forced you to marry Hira." He said

"Its too late to talk about it D. I will marry her" I said lowering my head

"No. Its not only your life but the poor girl's life will be spoilt too. Don't worry. I will explain to Zain. He will understand." He said started walking out.

"No D. It will hurt him." I said stopping him.

"Sharnaaz, my close friend marry the girl of his family's choice by forgetting the girl he loved. At last both of them were not happy. Due to depression his wife committed suicide. He is living in guilt. I don't want any of this happen to my grandson. I will talk to Zain and I will talk to Wafa's father" he said making me really happy. Although I am guilty but its for the best. I couldn't control my happiness and wanted to meet her right now.

"Now you have the groom's glow. Until this minute you were looking like a love failure maniac" he said laughing. Our laughter were interrupted by my phone.

"Hello"

"Mr.Malik.  I am inspector Amir."

"Yes Mr. Amir. Tell me" i said

"Sir, Mustafa escaped yesterday. Please be careful. His gang is silent for someday. We are suspecting something" He said and my blood drained. Wafa.

"You are telling me this now. I need security for my house and Wafa's. Make it fast" I yelled and hang up.

"D i need to go first. Mustafa escaped." I said

"I am coming with you" he said and I shook my head.

"No you are just recovering. Yo..."

"Bullshit. You know who I am. I used to be a boxer. Shut up and let me come with you or i am going alone" he cuts. I know no one can stop him now.

We quickly get in my car and I drove to Wafa's house. I ran to her door once we reached only to find the house is locked. I was going crazy. Where would I find her.

"D, where will I find her?" I asked helpless.

He motioned me to keep quiet and within a second he broke the door.

I saw Mustafa sitting on the sofa pointing his gun towards an old man who could be Wafa's father. Wafa was sitting beside mustafa wearing a red bridal outfit. Her face was red due to crying. Her mother was standing in a corner shaking in fear. Not forgetting the Imam who is also in fear.