୧ ⊹ Reunion ⊹ ୨

(TW// mention of d0mestic vi0lence)

Taehyun cried while hugging Beomgyu's body. They put him on the stretcher and took him to the hospital. Yeonjun called the other two and they went to the police station while Taehyun went to the hospital with Beomgyu.

Beomgyu was taken inside for operation. Taehyun sat on the bench outside and cried with his head in his hands. The other three came running through the hallways and joined Taehyun.

"what happened there?"

Taehyun asked them. Yeonjun looked at the other two, hesitating. All three of them had red eyes from crying.

"hyung... tell me"

"the maid... she told everything to the police and they're looking for Jeonghwan right now"

"w-what exactly happened ?"

Yeonjun looked down before answering.

"he'll be arrested for domestic violence"

Taehyun's heart dropped. All this time, Beomgyu had been hiding this from him. Domestic Violence doesn't have a limit. It can go from a simple accident to a trauma filled life forever.

They didn't know what Beomgyu was going through for the past two months and never asked him. Even if they did, Beomgyu never told them about it.

Yeonjun told everything that happened from knowing he was Park Jeonghwan to how he dragged Beomgyu mercilessly with his sprained ankle and locked him inside, leaving him to starve.

Taehyun couldn't imagine how scared Beomgyu must've been. All the flashbacks of the past came back and he blamed himself for not realising how hurt Beomgyu was.

He thought he knew Beomgyu the best but he was so wrong. Beomgyu was always good at hiding but Taehyun would figure it out somehow. How did he miss it this time ?

"Taehyun... you knew something was wrong.. it's not your fault"

"I- I couldn't protect him hyung... he needed me!! but I was so blinded by the fact of losing him as my life partner that I forgot I could lose him forever!!"

Taehyun covered his face, crying. Yeonjun and Soobin just patted his back. Hyuka got a call from the police station. He nodded at the two, leaving the hospital.

"Is anyone here named Taehyun ?"

Taehyun immediately stood up.

"y-yes.. I'm Taehyun...what happened ?? Is he fine-"

"He keeps murmuring your name and his body is too tensed for us to operate... I think he needs you"

Taehyun sobbed and covered his eyes. He felt so bad that he didn't know if he would be able to face Beomgyu. He didn't know if Beomgyu would ever forgive him.

"Taehyun-ah...you have to stay strong for him"

Taehyun nodded and took a deep breath, following the nurse inside. Beomgyu's body was shaking and sweating. He kept calling out Taehyun's name even though his body had no energy.

Taehyun sat on the stool and held Beomgyu's hand. Beomgyu's body instantly relaxed. His expressions changed from scared to calm. The doctors gave each other a shocking look and started operating him.

"I'm sorry"

Taehyun said, crying on Beomgyu's hand. His shoulders shook as he kept crying silently.

"Taehyun-ssi ?"

Taehyun looked up and wiped his face, still not letting go off Beomgyu's hand. He hadn't realised it had been almost 30 minutes.