୧ ⊹ I wish you knew ⊹ ୨

Beomgyu waited for Taehyun in the car. Taehyun walked out of their apartment, holding two small lunch bags with him. Beomgyu's lips curved into a smile, not being able to resist the feeling.

He loved how Taehyun never forgot to make lunch boxes for both of them even though they had the same workplace. And who was Beomgyu to complain when he himself loved the food made by Taehyun.

Taehyun sat in the passenger seat and Beomgyu started the engine. They reached their office building and walked inside together. Everyone bowed to them since they belonged to higher posts.

Both of them were assistant managers there but Taehyun's work was quite impressive. Everyone talked about how Taehyun deserved to get the manager position. Their manager was an asshole after all.

Beomgyu had family relations with the manager because of which he thought he would be lineant on him but nothing mattered to that asshole.

"sir, this is the proposal you asked for, I've double checked it and there aren't any mistakes"

He handed over the file to him. Without even opening the file, he tossed it away and asked Beomgyu to leave. Beomgyu hesitated and took a deep breath.

"Sir i would like you to give it a-"

"didn't you hear me ? LEAVE !"

Beomgyu flinched and turned around, leaving the office room. He rolled his eyes and saw Taehyun already waiting for him at his table.

"don't worry about him, he's a jerk"

"i know... but.. he didn't even look at it"

Beomgyu said with a pout. Taehyun sighed and ruffled Beomgyu's hair.

"coffee ?"

Beomgyu smiled and nodded. A coffee was exactly what he needed. They called Yeonjun at the cafeteria too since it was almost lunch time. Three of them sat together and started talking about work.

"he did it again ?? that mother-"

"hyung"

Beomgyu nudged Yeonjun when he saw Jeonghwan walking past them. Taehyun scoffed and rolled his eyes.

"it's not like he can fire us hyung... we're the ones who are carrying this whole company"

Taehyun said, digging into his food. Yeonjun and Beomgyu agreed and started eating too.

"oh by the way you asked me to get this ?"

Yeonjun asked, handing the paper bag to Taehyun which was obviously from Soobin's bakery. Taehyun nodded and took it from him only to hand it over to Beomgyu.

"hm ??"

"I asked Soobin hyung to make your favourite cake today"

Beomgyu blinked his eyes. He didn't realise how his face and ears turned red. Yeonjun chuckled at the two and continued eating his food.

"he doesn't make these often though"

"I managed to convince him"

Taehyun said, eating his food normally as if it was no big deal. Yeonjun stared at the two with disgust visible on his face. He couldn't help but shake his head in disappointment because of the hopelessness in their romance story.

- FLASHBACK -

"yaa !! that cake is really hard to make !"

"but it's literally so small how can-"

"it's small but it's the hardest to make and i have a lot of work today"

"hyung please... he had a really bad day today"

"when do you need it ?"

"in an hour..?"

"that isn't possible Kang Taehyun !!"

"hyung pleaseeeee... I'll do whatever you want please just help me"

"are you sure you're gonna stick to your words ?"

"yes I'm sure !! are you making it then ?"

"finee !! Yeonjun hyung is gonna visit me in some time so I'll give it to him"

"thank you hyung you're the best !!"

- END OF FLASHBACK -

Taehyun gulped because he knew if Soobin accepted his request and struggled to make this cake, he definitely has something evil planned in mind.

But whatever it was, he was gonna do it because nothing was more important to him than Beomgyu.

On the other hand, Beomgyu was fighting the butterflies in his stomach. He sat at his chair and started at the paper bag kept beside his computer.

"why do you have to be so caring Kang Taehyun ?? Don't you know I'm already fighting the urge to kiss you ?? Goshh how bad I wish you knew..."

"you know I can hear you"

Yeonjun said from the opposite table. Taehyun wasn't in his seat yet and Beomgyu sighed, once again wishing Taehyun heard it even though he wouldn't have said it if he was there.

"why don't you just tell him if you want him so bad ??"

"hyung you know I can't... you know the reason and it'll just... make things awkward and hard for us... it's better this way"

"He cares for you Beomgyu and he wouldn't let anything affect your friendship !! and besides that I bet he likes you too-"

"who likes Beomgyu hyung ??"

Beomgyu widened his eyes and shifted his chair back forward, focusing on the monitor. Yeonjun sighed and shook his head.

"no one... I was just giving an example"

Taehyun nodded not being fully convinced. He sat down on his chair and opened his computer, smiling when his and Beomgyu's pic appeared on the desktop screen.

'I wish you knew it was me.... the one who likes you'

୨ ♡ ୧

(⁠╥⁠﹏⁠╥⁠)

my poor babies... let me know your thoughts pookiess ❤️

Thank You for Reading ♡