୧ ⊹ Flashbacks ⊹ ୨

(mention of stalking/stalker)

"Choi Beomgyu... I wanted to talk to you-"

"Jeonghwan... you're a really nice person and you're my friend too but... I've already told you three times... I don't feel that way towards you"

"Can you at least give me a chance?"

"I already like someone else... I would've thought about it if I didn't... so please... let's not make this any more awkward for both of us"

Jeonghwan looked down at the flowers in his hand. He still kept them on Beomgyu's desk and walked away. Just then, Taehyun walked in.

"oh ? you got flowers again... who is it this time ?"

Taehyun asked, sitting on the desk in front of Beomgyu. Beomgyu sighed and picked the flowers up, staring at them.

"Jeonghwan..."

"again ?? you already told him you didn't like him though"

"I don't know why he keeps doing it..."

"do you want me to talk to him ?"

Taehyun asked, immediately getting off the desk. Beomgyu held his arm and shook his head. He knew how short Taehyun's temper was.

"it's alright... it's just a crush and he'll understand soon"

Taehyun sighed and nodded. Beomgyu never liked receiving confessions and gifts because he hated rejecting people. He hated breaking their hearts just because he was already in love with his best friend but it wasn't his fault either.

Beomgyu was on his way home. He was listening to music while walking on the quiet and dark streets, lost in his own imagination. He suddenly saw another shadow apart from his.

He turned around and didn't see anyone. He continued walking but this time he heard footsteps behind him. He started walking faster and immediately called Taehyun while on his way.

However, Taehyun didn't pick up. He started running and tripped over a rock and fell down. He turned around and squeezed his eyes in fear.

He opened them after a while and saw Jeonghwan standing in front of him with his arm extended out for help.

"are you alright-"

"w-what are you doing here ??"

"I was-"

"were you following me ?? isn't your house the opposite side ??"

"I was just making sure you were safe on your way back"

Beomgyu gulped and crawled backwards, getting up himself. He fixed his clothes and wiped his sweaty and teary face.

"P-Please stop Jeonghwan.. I'm fine and I don't need to be taken care of... I'm not a child"

"okay..."

Beomgyu turned around and ran into his apartment. As soon as he entered inside, he started breathing loudly, falling to the floor. Taehyun came running towards him and bent down.

"hyung!! are you fine ?? what happened ?? I was in the shower when you called, I'm sorry"

"I- I'm fine..."

"what happened ?"

"Someone was following me"

"WHAT ?!?? let me go and check-"