chapter twenty five

XXV

A soft feeling of fingers running through her hair was what woke Hayden Atkins in the morning. She didn't remember the last time she had slept through the whole night without waking up at least once. And last night she finally did.

"Time to get up..." A sleepy voice next to her caught her attention.

Slowly opening her eyes, adjusting her vision to the sunlight that was now invading the cabin's attic, letting her know that a new day awaited, Hayden caught a glimpse of the girl standing in front of her. Natalie was putting her shirt on as she watched the girl still lying on the mattress, telling her things that Hayden wasn't really processing due to her newly awakened brain.

"Did you hear anything I just said?" Nat put a hand on her hip, waiting for her to get up.

But her mind was now replaying the events of the previous night. How not only she had told Natalie about her feelings but also showed her exactly how she felt. A smirk formed on her lips as the flashbacks of how Natalie felt and tasted like came to her mind.

"Just five more minutes." Hayden yawned, closing her eyes again as she turned away from Nat.

"No. And don't forget to put this on." Natalie rolled her eyes, tossing the girl her shirt that was on the floor.

Accepting that it was time to go, Hayden groaned in frustration, taking her shirt and carefully slipping on and then proceeded to get up, leaving the mattress just to stand behind Natalie, not thinking twice before putting her arms around the girl's waist and placing a kiss on her neck.

"Good morning to you too." She whispered in her ear. Natalie turned around to face her, not leaving her arms, placing a gentle kiss on her lips.

"Morning." A smile took over her face as she pulled away.

"Can't we stay here just a little longer?" Hayden pouted at her but received a negative head shake.

Getting away from her embrace, Natalie grabbed her coat before heading downstairs while Hayden stubbornly sat on the mattress again, decided to stay there a little longer, hoping that Nat would make her company.

"Come on, don't make me drag your ass down." She stood in front of Hayden again in an attempt to make go.

"I'm still not fully recovered from last night." The girl smirked, making Natalie blush a little "Let me lay down just a little bit more. You can join me if you want."

"Come on, babe, we had enough sleep." She chuckled, making her way to the ladder.

"What did you say?" Hayden immediately got up, a wide grin on her face as she looked at Natalie.

"That we had enough sleep." The girl shrugged "And we have to go."

"No, no..." Hayden followed her behind "Did you just call me babe?"

"I don't know what you're talking about..." Natalie playfully replied, smiling to herself as she heard Hayden's footsteps after her on the ladder.

Downstairs, everybody was already up, gathered in the main room, having some soup and tea, Hayden and Natalie being the only ones missing.

"Should we wake them up?" Misty looked at the pan in front of her, seeing that there was not much breakfast left for the two girls.

"I thought we agreed on you staying away from the food." Mari pushed the girl away, sitting in front of the pan while Misty glared at her.

"I don't think they got much sleep last night..."Taissa said.

"They'll be down when they're ready." Lottie shot Tai a look.