Love Isn't Easy (But It Sure Is Hard Enough) (part 2)

She didn't really know how much time had passed, she just knew that Görel had completely forgotten about her to set herself free on the dance floor, with the music at incredibly high decibels.

Frida sighed for the umpteenth time, trying her best not to roll her eyes while the man next to her kept talking. She had been clear, of course, informing him that she was dating someone, but he just simply didn't listen to her.

He didn't seem to know her and that was both enjoyable as much as annoying, because that way he had to know that she was really with someone else.

She told him that she had a very busy life, always traveling or closed off at work. He told her his was too, so he could understand her.

She told him she didn't really need anything else in her life at the moment. He answered with a smile and a fresh Cosmopolitan ordered for her that she didn't touch, telling him again that she didn't want to drink alcohol anymore.

While he kept talking about his job and passions and family, she looked at the phone she had placed on the counter, trying to see if her stupid man had called her back or sent her a message. But nothing.

He didn't really understand anything. Well... your woman hangs up on you while you hear another man approaching her in a bar, dressed that way (which, at least she could be honest with herself, had had the desired effect when she saw his reaction when he had joined her in the bedroom and which more than once had made her want to cancel with Görel and spend the evening out and about with him), and he had seen fit not to call her back or send her a message.

Idiot.

The biggest idiot ever.

He was like---

"I'm boring you, right?".

Frida looked up quickly, her eyes wide open "No, no... Not at all" she smiled slightly, abandoning her phone on the counter again.

"I don't mind, you can tell me" Howard shrugged with a smile, looking down.

Frida sighed and felt guilty, because as distracted and uninterested as she was, that man had done nothing to annoy her other than trying to talk to her. And she always said that there were always too few people who approached her with the sole intention of getting to know her...

"Okay, listen... I'm not on my best behavior, I admit it" Frida chuckled slightly, shaking her head "It's just that I'm...".

"Not interested. I've understood since the first time you said it" Howard stopped her with a smile "But that doesn't mean you can't still talk with other people when you're out one night, in an anonymous club" he shrugged simply.

Frida narrowed her eyes, evaluating his words "I don't see how the two things don't go hand in hand...".

"You want to tell me that you can't talk to other male people just because you're with another man?" Howard asked her matter-of-factly.

"That's not what I meant...".

"Exactly" Howard chuckled "I got your message, but why can't we simply talk?".

Frida tilted her head slightly to the side, observing the man who had continued to stalk her for almost an hour despite her cold shoulder.

He was... right, she realized. She had been clear. He just said that he understood. So why they couldn't talk amiably?

"Okay" Frida nodded a few times, chuckling "You're right".

Howard hinted at a little bow and chuckled "Thank you, kind lady. Now tell me the truth, how many times have you thought about punching me to escape from here?".