Head over Heels (part 1)

"Ahhh, damn it!".

"Oh my God, really?" Björn laughed, dropping his head in frustration.

Benny ran a hand over his face, sighing "It's unnerving. It doesn't come out, it's useless" he snapped.

They had been there to rehearse since the morning, incessantly. The time to write and finish most of the songs on the new album was really running out and the frustration and pressure were already at a very high level inside the hut.

Benny lifted his hands from the piano keys and rested them on his jeans-covered legs, looking up at what was usually a beautiful seascape, but now it was a dark expanse against a gray sky.

Their little refuge away from the city was usually an oasis of concentration and production. So many songs had seen the light in there, so many melodies had taken shape in there. But in addition to the working side, that little hut on the remote island of Viggsti had now become their little corner of the Earth where they could go back to being two simple guys with long hair who enjoyed making music and making fun of each other, telling each other unlikely stories and to exchange life advices.

Benny smiled a little and was delighted to watch the lightning in the distance that gave a splash of color to the threatening sky. They had been there for about 3 weeks and the weather hadn't been good most days and perhaps it was that being almost forced to stay locked inside, If on the one hand it had made them work on many pieces, on the other it had created a suffocating feeling of constriction.

The last but not the least, Benny felt the absence of Frida palpably. Because in addition to not allowing them to wander around the islet, the bad weather had also forced them to stay there and not be able to go home even for a day. In addition, the communications were not the best and therefore they couldn't even talk to each other on a daily basis.

Benny sighed again and put his hands back on the keys, begging them to assist him and let him find the right notes for that song.

He heard Björn sigh next to him.

"Now it rains every day, this gloomy weather doesn't help us, in my opinion. What do you say?".

Benny nodded "I agree. It doesn't help".

Björn took his guitar and placed it on the ground next to the armchair, sinking into it and running a hand over his face "Who knows what they're doing at home...".

Benny turned to him, smirking "Home sickness?".

Björn chuckled "Oh gosh... Yes! A lot ... You don't?".

"Don't tell me".

"We can't tell them, however, otherwise they'll say that we're two whiners, that they told us that without them we wouldn't be able to stay all this time and yadda yadda yadda".

The two laughed and were silent for a while. Theirs was now such a relationship where even prolonged silences were pleasant and comforting.

"Maybe I'll tell Linda, though" Björn added and the two burst out laughing.

"Yes, you can tell her" Benny gave him a pat on the knee and then got up from the seat, going to the small kitchen next door "Do you want something to drink?".

"A beer, yes".

Benny fetched their drinks and went back to the room, sitting in the chair opposite Björn. They stayed like that for a while, sipping and observing the rain outside that had started to fall.

"Had Frida been here, she'd have scolded me for the beer at this time of the afternoon" Benny chuckled.

Björn laughed "I thought the same thing. And Agnetha'd have followed suit".