Super Trouper (part 3)

🎵There's something going on! 🎵

The music faded away and the cheers and clapping of the audience took over. Frida looked around and made a half bow, smiling.

Immediately, the host approached her with a large bouquet of white roses, which she accepted embarrassedly.

"Thank you. Thank you so very much".

"Frida, it's an honor and pleasure to have you as a guest on our show. You must know, dear viewers, that we've long invited ABBA to participate as guests, but due to tour commitments this has never happened over the years. So I can say that it's truly a dream come true that ABBA, or part of them, are here tonight with us!".

Frida smiled and thanked him again and the public burst into another thunderous applause.

When the noise subsided, the host continued "So, Frida, tell us a little about this new musical adventure of yours. How is it going? How are you finding yourself resuming a solo career?".

Frida raised her hand that was holding the microphone, the other closed around the flowers, and she replied "Well, obviously it's great news. My life before ABBA had a short solo period, so it's a bit like dusting off an old photograph, but different at the same time. For now it's doing wonderfully well. I'm having a lot of fun, it's very nice to be back on stage and see so many wonderful people around".

"Have you ever been afraid of the stage alone? After all these years of sharing the stage, and not only, with three other people it must not be easy as a transition".

"Well, in a way it isn't. Obviously, it's a different responsibility and a different attention, but it's very stimulating and interesting as a situation" she concluded with a smile.

"Your new album is going very well, the promotion is going very well, you're doing a lot".

Frida chuckled "Yes! I'm having the opportunity to return to cities that I haven't seen for a long time. I hadn't come to Copenhagen in a very long time and I found it even more beautiful than a couple of years ago".

"You're as beautiful as fascinating, Frida. But, listen, a slightly more personal question: what is it like to work without your husband?".

Frida hinted at a smile, looking around and taking a deep breath "Well, that's definitely a negative side of this period. The main one" she chuckled embarrassed "Obviously, If on the one hand I'm having fun and I really like what I do, this involves being away from my family for a long period".

"From your husband, but also from your children" the host added.

"Exactly. And, as much as singing is my passion, they're my life, so...".

"So, what do you want to tell us, Frida?".

Frida laughed "I'm just saying that surely I won't be doing this for too long, that's it".

"Are you homesick already?".

"Oh, I've been for weeks now" she laughed and the audience applauded.

"Or maybe you could convince your husband to come on tours with you? Right, people? What do you think?".

Whistles and shouts of assent rose from the audience. Frida looked at the audience, chuckling embarrassed. She had never liked being in the spotlight when it came to her private life.

"People love you Frida. They want to see you two together".

"Well, we're together. But it isn't necessary for others to see us" Frida laughed, trying to close that topic.