I saw it in the mirror (part 1)

A small introduction to the chapter: I thought of this pill with a "Sliding doors" vein... What would have happened even If only a small something had changed and therefore things had gone differently... Let's say it's a concept taken very generally here xD

Of course, I don't mean to offend any of the real people involved in the story :P

***

🎶 How do you think I'm going to get along

Without you when you're gone

You took me for everything that I had

And kicked me out on my own

Are you happy are you satisfied? 🎶

"Oh my God! I'm exhausted!".

"Me too!".

"Come on, Frida, let's go get a drink!".

Ann and Astrid walked towards the corner bar of the nightclub and Frida followed them, leaving the dance floor where they had been for more than an hour. Her legs felt tired and she reached for a handkerchief in the small shoulder bag she had to dab her face.

An evening like many others, a night spent in her favorite club with friends, dancing and with good music. She made her way through the crowd, pausing briefly here and there to greet some familiar face, until she arrived at the corner bar. Everything was calmer there, it was on one side further from the dance floor and therefore the air was less heavy and she could breathe better. From there she also had an excellent view of the whole room. Her eyes immediately sought out the tables occupied by her friends.

Many were on the dance floor, others had probably gone out to smoke, while others were still seated. Her sight became almost surgical as she searched for the familiar figure of her husband.

Not that she hadn't been looking at him all evening, but they hadn't practically been able to be together even for a moment. He had joined her directly at the club, because he had been held up in the studio, and that evening Astrid had arrived by surprise from Munich and therefore it had been all a whirlwind of hugs, questions, listening to her stories, spending time together. After his arrival, Benny had remained stuck at the table, as always. He had waved his hand from afar, a small smile on his face, noticing her surrounded by her friends and deciding he didn't want to disturb them. And then, he didn't like dancing in public, she only managed to convince him when it was just the two of them, in the calm of their living room, in front of the fireplace.

"Frida, what are you having?" Ann asked aloud, still laughing along with Astrid.

"Rum and Coke, thank you" Frida replied absently, leaning an arm on the counter and continuing to look for him.

Finally, her efforts paid off when she found him. He was sitting at a different table than the initial one, in shirt sleeves, his jacket abandoned who knows where. Even from afar she could see his bright eyes, his easy smile and the charm that he too involuntarily exuded with anyone he interacted with. Around him some friends, men and women, talking animatedly and laughing.

Suddenly and inexplicably, Frida felt a flutter in the center of her stomach, just below her chest. A feeling between pleasant and unpleasant. She frowned briefly and then Ann clamored for her attention again.

"Honey, so: Everything ok with you?".

"Yeah, Frida! Have you been quiet tonight, are you okay?" Astrid approached her, touching her arm.