People need love (part 1)

"I'm really struggling here, I admit it".

Frida laughed and continued to open the various envelopes with fan letters that she had spread on the table.

"How about you? You seem too calm" Agnetha looked at her with narrowed eyes.

Frida looked at her briefly and continued to open the envelopes "It's all appearance".

The two laughed and Agnetha walked over to her, sitting down in the chair next to hers "Come on. Confess everything to your dear Agnetha: how are you?".

Frida put the last envelope on the table and rubbed a hand on her tired eyes "I've no idea. I'm hugely late".

Agnetha reached out to her and they shook hands in comfort, giggling.

"For the kids I didn't have any problems. I play it safe with all four of them now" she said with a chuckle "I tried several times to find something... suitable for him. But every time I woke up with the intention of hunting for the perfect gift, an insane fight always broke out between the two of us, completely erasing any commitments I had from my mind. At one point I told myself it was a sign of destiny and a premonition and I've been giving up ever since".

Agnetha laughed at her, dropping her head against the chair and starting to rock slightly "But the quarrels haven't decreased, have they?" she told her, getting serious again.

Frida sighed and rested her head on her arm resting on the table "No" she murmured melancholy.

The Christmas holidays were upon them, the Christmas atmosphere was now electrifying around the city, among people, even in their home, where the Christmas tree had been beautifully decorated for weeks in the living room and where throughout the house there were lights and decorations of all kinds, in perfect balance with the glittering external decorations.

When she set foot in the house, she was immediately overcome by a feeling of joy, of warmth, of comfort. Then, her children were the icing on the cake to all that merry festivities, not infrequently welcoming her wearing Santa hats and dragging her out to make more snowmen than she could remember now.

But on the other hand there was an album that didn't want to be completed, half-finished songs that didn't want to take a dignified shape... and a fiancé that didn't want to stop being a dull asshole and use any kind of minimum pretext to argue with her.

Frida sighed and closed her eyes, trying to hold back her tears. She hated arguing with him, she hated when they couldn't help themselves and unleash absolute hell, hurting each other. And then... then there was the post-argument phase, when they gave each other heavy silences that lasted even whole days, fiery stares and revenges like having dinner before the other's return or running out of all the hot water in the shower.

There were moments, after a day of not speaking or barely looking at each other... Well, there were days like that one where she just wanted to get up from her chair, go to the recording room next door, curl up on him sitting at the console and hug him tightly in silence , making peace, making him feel that she was there despite everything, finding that comfort that only there with him she could find.

And instead those few meters that divided them seemed more and more enormous every day. Yes, when things started to go better, when they found the various solutions at work, things fell back into place, a caress there, a kiss there and the worst was over. But she was damned because she couldn't understand why they couldn't immediately give each other comfort and strength rather than always treating each other like punching balls. And all those imaginary blows were starting to really hurt her.

"Hey, honey?".

Frida suddenly opened her eyes and got up from her position curled up on the desk, looking at Agnetha with wide eyes.