Dancing Queen (part 1)

🎶L is for the way you look at me

O is for the only one I see🎶

Assemblé... Attitude... Fouettés rond de jambe en tournant...

🎶V is very, very extraordinary

E is even more than anyone that you adore🎶

Fouetté... Jeté... Plié...

She maintained the movement for a few seconds and then sighed, abandoning the position and walking on the spot to loosen the muscles. Nat King Cole's music continued to play in the background as Frida caught her breath.

Outside, the setting sun cast the room in an almost surreal atmosphere, with a game of shades and lights that reflected on the many mirrors scattered around the entire perimeter. Frida walked over to one of the windows, hands on her hips, and she closed her eyes as the sun beat against her face, enjoying the warmth.

The day was almost over and soon she could go home to relax a bit. Not that she couldn't have gotten back earlier, but she'd always loved stopping for a while after class and plunging her body and soul into the dance. Her routine involved randomly choosing a song from the many playlists on the computer and abandoning herself to the steps that she felt like doing at that moment.

Usually, she didn't spend less than an hour and a half like that and she only stopped because some muscles started to pull or some cramps made themselves felt, reminding her that rest was also important.

She left that beautiful scenery and went to turn off the computer, gathering her towel and water and turning off the lights behind her. She walked towards the changing rooms when she heard the wind chimes at the front door go off.

She frowned and walked quickly to the entrance.

"Come on, daddy!".

"Helène! How many times do I have to tell you that you mustn't run away like this?!".

"But it's very late! They're closing!".

"Helène, you must never let go of my hand and run away like that, do you understand me?".

Frida turned the corner and stopped, observing a little girl, no more than 5 years old, with long blond hair in pigtails, a blue dress, white socks, shocking pink jacket and pink backpack. Standing before her, with a serious tone of reproach, was what she assumed was her father. The man was crouched in front of the little girl, thus turning his back to her, and she could only see his black coat and long hair the same color as the little girl's.

"But you were too slow, daddy! You're always talking on the phone!".

Frida heard the man sigh and saw him shake his head. She cleared her throat and decided to announce her presence "Can I help you?".

The sweetly round face of the little girl emerged from behind her father's body and the man turned to her, standing up immediately, revealing a bearded face and two deep blue eyes.

"Um, hello... Excuse me, are you already closed?" he asked, smiling.

Frida observed him for a few moments and then replied "Actually yes. But tell me all the same" she finished with a friendly smile.

The man opened his mouth to speak, but the little girl talked first "I want to be a ballerina!".

Frida chuckled and the man rolled his eyes, smiling.

"Here is an effective and direct summary".

"Very effective and also very convincing" Frida replied, approaching them and crouching down to be on the same level as the little girl "My pleasure, I'm Frida. And you are?".