Chapter 28: Chipped

««««««««»»»»»»»»

Chloe's POV

««««««««»»»»»»»»

I woke up in a room. A nice room too. I was laying in a queen sized bed. The room had a larger dresser, and from what I could see, large closets and bathrooms. I sit up. I'm out of my suit now. I'm wearing a red skin tight t-shirt, and black flannel leggings, a black robe, with black boots. My hair? I got up and looked in the dresser mirror, and gasped at the sight. My hair was now short, at least ear length short. Low ponytail short. "No, no, no!" I muttered as I ran a hand through my hair. The long curls were gone, it was so short, and I hated it

I went to feel the back of my hair, when my hand hit something metal. I froze. No, it couldn't be it. I felt it. It felt like three small hexagons. "No... no, no, no!" I exclaimed as I frantically turned trying to get a good view of it. I finally ended up at a good angle. It was indeed three small hexagons, with red circles in the center. My skin went cold and my eyes widened. It couldn't be. The control device, from my memories. The one my father used to control me. No, no, no. I looked around the room, and saw a closed sliding door.

I immediately ran over to it, sliding it open, only to run into something, or someone actually. I looked up to see a man in a black suit, as tall and built as Tommy Terror. His suit was the same design as Jaime's, but in black. He studied me for a minute. Then he bowed. "Your majesty, is there something I can assist you with?" He said. Ugh, his voice, I hated his voice. "Where am I? You know what, never mind, take me to your leader, NOW." I demanded. He nodded. "This way." He said as he gestured for me to follow him.

We turned down many halls, weird purple and green halls, until we finally reached a large room. It had containment pods lining the walls, and some had people in them, some didn't. He continued walking, and I looked at the people. They were all teenagers. Then it hit me. These were the missing kids Dick had been looking into. I saw Jaime's friend Tye, and La'gaan. I had no idea what they were doing to them. But the man didn't stop here. He pressed his hand against the wall, opening a door to reveal the next room. This room only had two people in pods. Bart and Gar.

They were in the continent pods, being zapped by electricity. "Wait a minute, what are you doing to them?!" I exclaimed as I ran over to them and looked through the glass. "Your majesty, it is an honor to meet you." I heard a voice behind me say. It turned to see a literal alien. He had green skin, was tall, and had weird black and green armor. Next to him was Kaldur, but I didn't have time to worry about him. "No, don't 'your majesty' me! Why am I here? What are you doing to them? Also, get this off of me!" I exclaimed as I turned to show him the control device on my back.

I saw Kaldur's eyes widen, he knew what it was, I had told the whole team about it. The alien man simply stared at me. "Allow me to introduce myself, I am the Ambassador of the Reach, here to assist you." He says, ignoring everything I just said. "That's nice, now get it off!" I said as I pointed to the back of my neck. "We have strict orders from your father to install that. We cannot take it off." He said. "Well I'm telling you to disobey those orders! Please, you don't understand, you have to get this off of me!" I begged him, but he only stared at me.

"I'm afraid I can't. Now, would you like to join us on the tour?" He said. "I don't want a tour. I demand that you release my friends and get us out of here. And by friends, I mean all the kids here! And stop zapping them!" I say, gesturing to Gar and Bart. He presses his lips into a thin line. "Your majesty, I am going to have to ask you to go back to your quarters. Please." He said. "No! Please, you have to-" I begin, but then my whole world goes dark.

««««««««»»»»»»»»

Kaldur's POV