Chapter 32: Just when I though my world conquering planet was bad

««««««««»»»»»»»»

Chloe's POV

««««««««»»»»»»»»

"We've been tracking something on long range scanners. It's on a direct course for Earth." Captain Atom says as I watch the large hologram of the gray and orange planet move along. Something about it is familiar, but I can't quite put a finger on it. "It's about to pass in front of Rhea, one of the moons of Saturn." Atom says, but my eyes widen. "Not in front of Rhea, behind it!" Dick exclaims in disbelief as we notice how big it is. "That thing, whatever it is, is huge!" Dick exclaims again. "I don't remember anything about it, but something is telling me it's not a good sign." I say as I watch the planet continue moving.

««««««««»»»»»»»»

"Fate, Volt, you two are up." Atom says into my comm. I nod at Fate, and he makes a portal, straight into space, and straight into the Warworld's firing path. A month passes quickly. A month without talking to Jaime, a month of having Bart as a roommate, and a month of worrying about a giant world destroying planet. And I thought my home was bad. Fate quickly makes a cross shield, which blocks the beam of energy fired, and destroys the giant cannon. Then missiles are launched at us, I guess they don't call it the Warworld for nothing. I take a deep breath, and make a shield. A massive one, big enough to cover us and the watchtower, half of Earth as well. Fate does as well.

Rocket makes a shield around me and Fate, just in case my concentration breaks. I watch as Captain Atom, Billy, and Green Beetle fly out of one of Fate's portals. They begin to destroy the cannons firing at us. "Not sure we're doing much damage, but Rocket's protecting Doctor Fate and Volt, allowing them to make shields and keep their focus on protecting Earth. Captain Marvel, Green Beetle, and I seem to have Mongul's attention" Captain Atom says through comms. "Good, because the team's already inside." Dick says.

My time was up. I look at Fate, and he nods. I drop my shield, and fly straight towards the Warworld, where my mission continues. I get in through a small crack that the team went into, and find them still in the cargo bay. I pull down my mask and fall to my knees. "That was so crash! Uh, you good?" Bart says as he zips over to me. I nod and he helps me up. Jaime doesn't even move to check on me. Rude. "Let's split up. You have your assignments." Mal says, so we all split up. "Alpha Squad to Watchtower, Green Beetle's schematics are on the money and so far we're en route to take down Mongul." Conner says through comms as we run along. Him, Wolf, Cassie, and Arsenal were Beta. Me, Bart, Gar, and Jaime were Beta, and Karen, Mal, and Sphere were Gamma.

"Beta Squad is en route to the key chamber, we snag the crystal key and the threat ends." Jaime reports to Dick back at the Watchtower. "Gamma Squad is en route to disable the Warworld's power core. No power, and the threat ends." Karen says. "Delta Squad moving into position, laying down cover fire for surface forces, now!" I hear Babs say. Oops, I almost forgot. Her and Tim are outside helping destroy the tiny cannons. On que, I hear more explosions outside. There was a very long awkward silence as we ran along. Neither Gar or Bart didn't make any jokes, and me and Jaime weren't talking.

Then, a carriage full of fighter drones flies over us. Crap. "Nowhere to hide." Jaime states the obvious. "No really." I mutter as I watch the carriage stop right over us. Dozens of tiny red drones come out from the side and begin firing, so like the good heroes we are, we begin to destroy them. "Beetle to Watchtower, we've been spotted!" Jaime says to the comms. "If I was you, I'd like the attention!" Mal said through comms, and I realized he was talking to Karen mostly. Looks like I wasn't the only one with relationship problems. "Good to know I'm not the only one with relationship problems!" I yell to Jaime, but he doesn't respond. Looks like I'm getting the silent treatment.