Chapter 23: A suicidal tree posses my boyfriend

««««««««»»»»»»»»

Chloe's POV

««««««««»»»»»»»»

"Congratulations, the zeta shield is now operational." I heard Dr. Strange say through the telegraphic picture as I walked in, eating a Pop Tart, obviously. They had finally put up the zeta-shields so our planet would be alien free. Besides me and a few other Leaguers though. I went and stood next to Jaime and Mal as I looked at the shield stats and whatever other science stuff was on the screen. "Absolutely historic." La'gann said as he leaned his head on M'gann's with his arms wrapped around her. Ugh, where was Conner when I needed him?

"Professor Carr! You should have your cave school pupil write a term paper about this!" La'gann exclaimed as he turned to Professor Carr, who was homeschooling Gar nearby. The professor had offered to homeschool me too, but I passed. I didn't really take interest in Earth math or science, and I had a feeling that Gar didn't either. Gar shoots La'gaan a glare and imitates a knife to the throat. How kind, yet honest.

"With this zeta-shield in place, no alien can teleport to our planet from off world. Even your Strange friend won't be able to travel on and off world with prior approval." La'gann says as he wraps his arm around M'gann, just as Conner walks in the room. Finally. We make eye contact, and both gag. "Shields great, but it won't stop a spaceship or boom tube." Conner says as he crosses his arms and watches the stats. "What's a boom tube?" Jaime asks quietly to no one in particular, and I shrug.

Then he furrowed his eyebrows and turned to look at his back. "Not compatible with what? I swear I don't understand half the things you say." He says as he crosses his arms. I realize that Scarab tried to answer, but didn't give him a good one. I continue to munch on my Pop Tart. Mal looks at Jaime weirdly, seeing as he did just talk to himself. "Feelings mutual." Mal said, and Jaime looked away.

"Where's Nightwing?" Conner asks Mal urgently. "Taking the night off, personal business." Mal replies. Conner sighs, and mutters 'perfect'. He looks around the room to see Gar doing homework, and M'gann and La'gann making out. We both look at each other and gag. He turns to Jaime. "Tag, you're it." Conner says as he grabs Jaime by the shoulder and drags him along. Me and Mal do nothing obviously, I still have a Pop Tart to finish. "Woah, woah, woah, woah Con, what are you-" Mal begins, but Conner doesn't let him finish.

"Taking the night off, personal business." He replies as he continues to drag Jaime. "I'll supervise." I say as I hand Mal my half eaten Pop Tart. "I'm older!" Conner fires back as I run after. "But I'm wiser!" I say as I continue running after them.

««««««««»»»»»»»»

"This is the most boring mission I've ever been on." I say as I finish the final braid on Wolf's man. Currently, we're following a small white van along the streets of D.C., in super cycle. I convinced Conner to bring Wolf for help, and so I could have him as entertainment. Unlike anyone else, he didn't mind when I braided his hair, or mane. "Alright already! I'll ask." Jaime said as he argued with Scrab. "Ask what?" Conner says. "Yeah, the supervisor wants to know what we're doing!" I said from the back of the super cycle.

"Again, you're not supervising." Conner said, to which I rolled my eyes. With these two, of course I was. "Any piece of this mission you feel like letting me, er, us in on?" Jaime said as I kicked him in the leg. "Look, I know you only picked me because Gar was studying and La'gann and M'gann were... whatevering." Jaime said. "Oh, they were definitely whatevering." I said, like the great commentator and supervisor I was. "Yeah, yeah, but I'm here, jefe, and I want to help." Jaime continues. "I'm here too! To help, and supervise!" I said. I guess I was so short I was just forgotten. Conner sighed. "Yeah, okay." He agreed with Jaime. He pressed a button on super cycle, and a hologram of Malina Island popped up. It appeared in front of me and Jaime too.